[5] A small chat by the fire

WORD OF THE BATHROOM INCIDENT spread immediately, unfortunately. Wherever they went, campers pointed at Percy and murmured something about toilet water. Or maybe they were just staring at Y/N and Annabeth, who were still pretty much dripping wet.

She showed them a few more places: the metal shop, where kids were forging their own swords, the arts and-crafts room, and the climbing wall, which actually consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if campers didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally, they returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins. "I have training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven-thirty. You guys just follow your cabin to the mess hall. Go and do whatever boys do when they're bored."

Percy seemed sheepish. "Annabeth, Y/N, I'm sorry about the toilets."

"It's ok dude." Y/N replied, smiling. "It wasn't your fault." Annabeth looked at Y/N skeptically. "Ok maybe a little." Annabeth rolled her eyes before turning back to Percy.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth stated, deep in thought.

"Who?" Percy questioned.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron." Annabeth explained. Y/N stared into the lake, still feeling overwhelmed. He wasn't expecting anybody to be looking back at him from the bottom, so his heart skipped a beat when he noticed two teenage girls sitting cross-legged at the base of the pier, about twenty feet below. They smiled and waved as if he were a long-lost friend. Y/N didn't know what else to do, so he waved back.

"Don't encourage them, Y/N." Annabeth warned. "Naiads are terrible flirts."

"Naiads," Y/N repeated, feeling completely overwhelmed.

"That's it. I want to go home now." Percy sighed.

Annabeth frowned. "Don't you get it, you two? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like you."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" Percy muttered.

"I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human." Annabeth explained nonchalantly.

"Half-human and half-what?" Percy asked.

"I think you know." She replied, raising an eyebrow. Y/N didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid he did.

"God," Y/N finished. "I'm a half-god."

"Half-blood." Annabeth corrected. "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians. Same with one of your parents Y/N." She glanced at him. "Your Mother or Father is a god as well.

"That's... crazy." Y/N murmured. Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"Is it? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?"

"But those are just-" Percy paused. "But if all the kids here are half-gods..."

"Demigods," Annabeth corrected again. "That's the official term. Or half-bloods."