[2] You Gottschalk?

𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚘𝚞𝚝 - 21 𝚂𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚐𝚎
0:37 ━❍━━━━━ 3:36
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

Y/N WIPED THE FOG off the windshield with his sleeve. He peered through the frosty glass, taking in the sight. "Wow. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like an evil knight's castle, with it's all black stone, towers, dark windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking a forest on one side and the grey churning ocean on the other.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Percy's mom asked.

"No, thanks, Mom," Percy said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy." She frowned. Percy rolled his eyes, blushing slightly.

"It's okay, Ms. Jackson." Y/N smiled reassuringly. He sat in the front, his floppy brown hair shoved under a beanie, and his bright amber eyes pierced through the darkness like two orange flashlights. "We'll keep him out of trouble."

Sally relaxed a little, before turning to the rest of them. "All right, dears," she said. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, Ms. Jackson," Thalia said. "Thanks for the ride."

"Extra sweaters? You have my cell phone number?"

"Mom—" Percy interrupted.

"Your ambrosia and nectar, Percy? And a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?"

"Mom, seriously! We'll be fine. Come on, guys." He groaned, pushing open the car door and hurrying outside.  Y/N, Annabeth and Thalia followed him outside. The wind whistled around them, causing Percy's teeth to chatter slightly.

"Your mom is so cool, Percy." Thalia admitted, once Sally's car was gone.

"She's pretty okay," Percy said. "What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?"

Thalia glared at him with a look that could cut the ears off a donkey. "If that was any of your business, Percy..."

"We'd better get inside," Y/N smiled thinly, putting his arm around Thalia and practically dragging her along. "Grover will be waiting."

Annabeth looked at the castle and shivered. "You're right. I wonder what he found here that made him send the distress call."

"Nothing good," Percy guessed. The oak doors groaned open, and the four of them stepped into the entry hall in a swirl of snow.

.

.

.

The place was massive. The walls were lined with battle flags and weapon displays: antique rifles, battle axes, and other weapons.

"For a military school, these decorations seem like overkill." Thalia murmured.

"Literally." Y/N agreed. "There's something wrong with this place." His hand immediately went to Aithon, his shapeshifting bracelet around his wrist. He fidgeted nervously, looking around.

Annabeth started to say, "I wonder where..."

The doors slammed shut behind them.

"Oo-kay," Percy mumbled. "Guess we'll stay awhile."