[1] A box of rocks

𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘 - 𝚋𝚋𝚗𝚘$
0:31 ━❍━━━━━ 2:00
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

THALIA WAS BEGINNING to hate the statue of hippie Zeus. She wasn't even sure what he looked like, and yet here he was, in all of his... glory...

Sculptors really needed to learn how to carve on some clothes.

Thalia rubbed her eyes, before groaning and sitting up. The sleeping bag did little to keep her warm, and the air inside of the cabin was sub zero. "Guess it really adds to the 'ambiance'," She grumbled sarcastically. She glanced over to a thin full-length mirror, seeing a tired, groggy looking girl that looked like she was a tree for the past 6 years. Probably because she had been.

She stretched, before shakily standing up. She had opted to sleep in her regular clothes. After all, pyjamas were for pussies. She slowly made her way to the double door, before swinging it wide open.

Instantly, the sharp, even colder air, smacked her directly in the face like a sledge hammer. Oh yeah, its snowing. Wonderful.

Thalia crossed her arms, trying to warm up as much as possible. She glanced around towards the other camps. Despite it being the middle of the day, there was still other campers milling around in the freezing, all wearing clothing made for this type of weather. She looked across the hearth, which was covered with snow. Past the hearth was, of course, where pretty much the entirety of the camp had decided to meet up.

Even from her cabin, Thalia could smell the intoxicating, warm scent of food wafting though the camp. Y/N's cabin, no doubt. Thalia sighed longingly, before making her way over to the Hestia cabin.

As she trudged along, she thought back though her time at the camp as a whole. Despite the initial shock, the other campers eventually warmed up to her, and then eventually respected her. Being a tree didn't stop Thalia from destroying the rest of the campers in combat. Of course, it was to be expected from a child of Zeus.

As she got closer to the cabin, Thalia could see just how many people were enjoying the comfort of Hestia's cabin. Campers sat in deckchairs sipping hot chocolate, while others sat around a small portable firepit, warming their hands. Thalia watched as the door to the cabin swung open, revealing a grinning Y/N, with two trays of what looked to be steaming choc-chip cookies.

"Get em while their still warm!" Y/N smiled, offering the biscuits to the eager campers.

Thalia smiled, seeing Y/N in his element. He passed the trays around, making sure everyone got some. He was still wearing an crooked apron, with flour streaking the side of his face. Thalia wouldn't admit it, but it some how made Y/N even more adorable.

Of course, even if she did tell him, he would probably brush it off as a joke. As he had done, many, many times before. No matter how many hints Thalia tried to give Y/N, he never realized. At first, she thought he just wasn't into her. But after seeing him interact with everyone else, she realized on key thing about Y/N.

He was as dumb as a box of rocks when it came to romance.

It was amusing, really. The amount of times a girl tried to confess to him and he laughed it off as a joke was impressive. Thalia even considered the idea that he was gay.

"Sooo... who do you like?" She had asked nonchalantly one evening. They sat around in the deckchairs, sipping hot chocolate.

"Um... everyone." Y/N shrugged.

"No but, who do you like like?" She pressed.

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Like like?" Thalia groaned.

"You're really gunna make me say it?" She sighed. "Fine. Who do you... love?" She smirked, waiting eagerly.

"I love everyone." Y/N shrugged again, taking a sip of his cocoa. "I consider everyone at the camp to be my friend." Thalia rolled her eyes.

"Alright then. Who do you... have a crush on?" Y/N choked on his warm drink, spluttering and coughing.

"Why, *cough* would you ask *cough* me that?"

"Just curious." She shrugged, before her eyes widened. "Holy... you're blushing... you totally do! Don't you!"

"NO! No. Definitely not." Y/N cleared his throat, his face scarlet red. "Just a bit surprised is all."

"Riiiiight." Thalia smirked. "Whatever you say..."

Thalia stepped into the porch, walking towards Y/N. The other campers pretty much let her pass without issue. They were intimidated after all. Y/N whipped around, a wild grin on his face, the streak of flour on his face like he had wrestled with a ghost.

"Thalia! About time you woke up!" He grinned, offering a tray of cookies. "Cookie?"

"Sure." She smiled, taking the biggest one. She took a small bite, before her eyes lit up. "Holy Zeus... this is amazing!"

"I know right?" Y/N said excitedly. "Thanks to the oven, I can cook stuff almost 3 times as fast now." He said happily. Thalia rolled her eyes. Sure, he was a nerdy cook, but he was a handsome nerdy cook.

"Y/N! More over here!" Another girl called out, waving her hand.

"Sure. Coming!" He smiled, before nodding to Thalia. She watched him go with a sigh. Gods... he was infuriating. Did he not realise that half the camp was in love with him? On the plus side, it was fun seeing other girls attempt to ask him out and fail miserably. Except for... Annabeth.

Thalia knew how much Annabeth would work to find a solution. Being a child of Athena, it was in her blood to solve any problem, any equation, any question. But somehow, Y/N had beaten her. Two conflicting emotions always bubbled up inside Thalia when she saw them interaction. One was amusement, the other... jealousy. Thalia hated that Y/N had formed a slight rift between them, but it was only natural. She couldn't help but feel annoyed when Y/N spent time with anybody but her. Even Annabeth.

"Thalia!" A voice called out behind her. She rolled her eyes, before turning to face the wild eyes of Percy. Despite their best efforts, they had never gotten along. Thalia wasn't sure if it was the Zeus-Poseidon rivalry, or the fact that he was a massive idiot. Probably both.

"What is it, Seaweed Brain?" She crossed her arms. She waited for him to say something dumb, like 'lets have a sword fight!' or 'I bet I can beat you in a swimming race' (obviously he could). But what Percy said was far from her guesses.

"Grover needs help."

A/N: Heyyy! I'm back! Updates might be slow for now, as I'm still quite busy. Hope you enjoy this start to the titans curse.