[14] Internal conflict is the best medicine

woomp woomp :(
0:00 ━❍━━━━━ 0:00
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

Time seemed to stop

Y/N blinked once.

Twice.

Three times.

Perhaps a fourth for good measure.

"What?" He said

"My favourite grandson, obviously." Aphrodite giggled

"But I... who... what... how?"

Outside the car, Ares was chuckling . It was clear he was having fun seeing Y/N in total confusion.

"I mean, really, is it so hard to see the resemblance? You and I aren't so different." Aphrodite seemed to notice a speck of dirt on her fingernail.

"But... how?" Y/N thought for moment. And then it hit him. "Oh my gods. My father..." He stared at the goddess.

"There we go! Now you see." Aphrodite smiled. "Don't forget, you are a very special demigod. Not one hero has the same parentage as you."

Y/N didn't feel good.

It felt wrong.

"Still a little confused, hmmm?" Aphrodite looked at him, before sighing. "Well then, lets start from the beginning." She smiled. "Once upon a time, there was the most beautiful goddess to ever exist."

Y/N had a feeling she was talking about herself.

"And one day, this goddess was bored. Just so very bored. She needed entertainment. But there was nothing to do." She sighed again, as if the very idea of boredom would kill her. "So one day, she decided to play a little prank on one of her dear friends."

Y/N didn't like where this was going.

"But she needed to prank the right person. Most of her friends wouldn't have enjoyed the little joke. One was too strong, the other, too smart. She needed to find someone innocent. Someone... not as aggressive."

Aphrodite smiled.

"And she found the perfect candidate for her little prank. Another goddess. One that wouldn't fight back."

Y/N stared back at the goddess in horror.

"And for the prank, she decided to go for her classic trick. Making people fall in love with one another." Aphrodite leaned in.

"She made her friend fall helplessly in love with a mortal."

Aphrodite burst out laughing, like she had just told the funniest joke known to man. Y/N just stared at her, still in shock. The goddess managed to regain her composure.

"But this mortal was special. He wasn't a regular mortal. He was a demigod. The son of a god and a human. Except, not really." Aphrodite brushed some hair of her shoulder.

"Really, this mortal was a human created by the goddess. Technically not a demigod, but not a human either. A sort of... robot, if you will. A perfect match for her friend."

Y/N got it.

"You... forced my mother to have a kid with a robot?" Y/N yelled. Aphrodite looked at him, confused.

"No, a demigod. Technically, he was manifested by me. Real in all aspects. But the moment I wanted to, I could erase his existence with a thought. No human soul."