[2] Percy gets a new brother

Y/N grimaced as he took in the surroundings of Camp Half-Blood. On the surface, things didn't look all that different.

The Big House was still there with its blue gabled roof and its wraparound porch. The strawberry fields still baked in the sun. The same white-columned Greek buildings were scattered around the valley—the amphitheatre, the combat arena, the dining pavilion overlooking Long Island Sound. And nestled between the woods and the creek were the same cabins—a crazy assortment of twelve buildings, each representing a different Olympian god. But there was an air of danger now. Something was wrong. Instead of playing volleyball in the sandpit, counsellors and satyrs were stockpiling weapons in the tool shed.

Dryads armed with bows and arrows talked nervously at the edge of the woods. The forest looked sickly, the grass in the meadow was pale yellow, and the fire marks on Half-Blood Hill stood out like ugly scars. As they made their way to the Big House, a group of Aphrodite girls ran up to Y/N.

"Y/N! We've been looking all over for you!" They exclaimed. Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"What for?" Y/N said. "You want more sword lessons?"

"You know us soooo well." The girl on the left giggled, batting her eyelashes. "You have to show me that, 'special move', again."

"Uhhh... sure." Y/N smiled. "I'll see you guys later then."

"Byyyeee Y/N!" The girls waltzed away, glancing back at Y/N and giggling to themselves.

"Special move?" Annabeth questioned, her voice a little hollower than usual.

"You know, that move where you disarm them with your own sword." Y/N shrugged. "Percy knows about it."

"I never knew Aphrodite girls wanted to swordfight." Percy mused.

"Me neither." Y/N replied. "I guess ever since the tree has been poisoned, everyone wants to learn to fight."

"Yeah right," Annabeth mumbled to herself.

.

.

.

"Whasthat!" Tyson gasped.

"The stables for pegasi," Percy said. "The winged horses."

"Whasthat!

"Um... those are the toilets."

"Whasthat!"

"The cabins for the campers. If they don't know who your Olympian parent is, they put you in the Hermes cabin—that brown one over there—until you're determined. Then, once they know, they put you in your dad or mom's group."

Tyson stared at Percy, wide eyed. Well, with the one he had. "You... have a cabin?" Percy glanced to Y/N, who was trying not to laugh.

"Number three." Percy pointed to a low gray building made of sea stone.

"You live with friends in the cabin?"

"No. No, just me." Percy murmured.

.

.

.

The group stepped into the big house. As soon as Tyson saw him, he froze. "Pony!" he cried in total rapture.

Chiron, who was packing his saddlebags, turned, looking offended. "I beg your pardon?" Annabeth ran up and hugged him.

"Chiron, what's happening? You're not . . . leaving?" Her voice was shaky.

"Hello, child." Chiron smiled, ruffling her hair. "And Percy, my goodness. You've grown over the year!" Percy swallowed.

"Clarisse said you were . . . you were . . ."