[3] Seeds of Anger

The camp was gorgeous.

Oh, wait, did I already say that? Probably. It definitely was beautiful. Rolling green hills, luscious forests, a lake straight out of a teen romance story. I mean, considering the circumstances, you could almost believe that last part. Especially if you saw the dude walking next to me.

"That's the archery range over there," Y/N pointed to a field not too far away. His arm brushed right next to mine. Sparks flared.

I tried not to blush and took a deep breath to try to keep my emotions in check. Hey, I can tell you're smiling right now. Thinking, 'OMG!!! Ruby has a crush on Y/N!!! How adowawble!!1!

Not funny.

Although you'd be right. It wasn't even really my choice to be honest. I've heard stories about sirens luring sailors to death with their voice. Maybe it was the same with this guy, except he used his smile. It was a really alluring smile.

But me personally? If anyone fell for a guy like him, I wouldn't blame them. He was almost too good, you know? Someone straight out of fanfiction type good. There had to be something wrong with him. There always was with guys like that.

"Ruby! Ruby! Helloooo?" Y/N stared into my eyes, his own orange ones full of concern.

"H-Huh? W-wat?" I limped back, attempting to put distance between us. Any closer and I think I would have kissed him right then and there.

"You kinda zoned out a bit." Y/N said. "Is the pain in your ankle gone yet?"

"Nah, I'm good." I regained my composure. "Just a bit tired is all."

"Fair enough." He glanced at the bigger building on the top of a hill. "We should get to the big house. Just to introduce you to Chiron."

"Real creative." I mumbled. Calling a big house 'the big house' had to be one of the dumbest names I've ever heard.

As we slowly made our way up the hill, I glanced back towards the cabins. Each of them a different size, colour, and shape.

"Who do you think is my parent?" I asked, catching up to Y/N.

"Dunno." He shrugged. "From first glance, I would say that you're probably a Demeter kid. But I can also sense a bit of Ares in you as well. That sort of fighting spirit."

"I don't think that I can be a daughter of ares." I mumbled. Oh great, here comes the tears.

"Your dad is mortal?" Y/N guessed. I just nodded in response. "That's ok. We don't have to talk about this any more if you don't want to." Y/n replied.

"No. It's fine." I sighed. "Besides, I'm pretty sure I already know who my mom is anyway."

"You do? Who?" Y/N raised an eyebrow. Before I could even answer, he glanced at the entrance to the big house and gasped loudly. "Annabeth?"

There, in the entrance to the house was a girl. A real girly girl, if you catch my drift. Her honey blond hair was braided neatly into a plait, and she wore casual spring clothes, with what looked to be a school jacket around her waist. I would have thought that she would have been straight from the coast, along with her bronze tan, if it wasn't for her unusual silver grey eyes. She looked at Y/N and pretty much folded right there.

It was comical, really. I've seen girls smitten over boys before, but definitely not like this. Y/N rushed forward, wrapping her tightly into a hug.

"It's so good to see you Annie." Y/N laughed. "I thought you were still at school!"