[7] Parent problems

Finesse - Bruno Mars
0:28 ━❍━━━━━ 2:26
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

THE CAMPS WAS STRANGELY STILL as Y/N and Percy made their way back to the cabins. Everyone seemed to steer clear of Y/N and Percy, which was fine by Y/N. As everyone walked into the mess hall, the fire glowed a strange color. It was hot pink, and roaring with power. As Y/N glanced over to it, his eyes widened, and his body stiffened. All the campers seemed to stop walking as well, turning to him.

As Y/N's eyes locked onto the woman, a shockwave seemed to immobilize him. She was dressed in a brown shawl and an orange dress, her long brown hair cascading elegantly over her shoulders. However, it wasn't just her appearance that struck Y/N. Her demeanour was devoid of arrogance or haughtiness; instead, she radiated a genuine emotional warmth, surpassing even the raging fire. Her eyes held a softness, a tenderness that made Y/N feel like he could be a carefree child again, sheltered from all the troubles of the world. If someone searched for the word "Mom" in the dictionary, there should have been a picture of her beside it.

Chiron trotted up to her, smiling warmly. He turned to the rest of the campers, shooing them away. "Go back to your cabins, everyone," he called. "I think Y/N needs some time alone." As everyone shuffled away, Chiron walked up to Y/N, winking. He then followed everyone else, leaving Y/N with the woman.

Y/N stared back at the woman. Her smile radiated such warmness, that it seemed as though she could make all him problems go away with a laugh and a lollipop. Y/N made his way over to her, his mind in a daze. As he got closer, Y/N finally came to his senses.

"M...M-Mom?" Y/N whimpered, emotions swirling through his mind like eels. She looked into his eyes, her pupils blazing with warm flames.

"My son," she confirmed. Her voice like songbirds in spring, gentle as feathers. But there was a certain familiarity to her, as if Y/N had met her before.

Then it clicked. The same orange dress. The warm smile. The fire in her eyes. "L-Lucy??" He gasped. She threw her head back, laughing. Her laugh seemed to take any aches Y/N had away, like instant painkillers.

"You are insightful, Y/N," she smiled. Getting up from her position on the rug, she stood up, dusting herself off. She took some slow steps towards him, holding out her arms. Before Y/N knew it, he ran forward, jumping into her arms.

Tears streaked down Y/N's cheeks as he bawled into her shoulder. Each negative thought about his parents, any anger he had pent up, disappeared within an instant. Y/N's body ached for warmth, as he gripped his mother tightly, afraid that if he let go, she would fade.

Some might feel embarrassed to cry in front of their parents, but not Y/N. He took shaky, ragged breaths, allowing his tears to flow freely onto her shoulder. Never in his life had Y/N needed something as desperately as he did then. What felt like minutes stretched into hours as he held his mother, Y/N's sobs resonating in the air.

Eventually, he pulled away, his tears streaking Y/N's face. He assumed her dress would be soaked, but to his surprise, it showed no sign of Y/N's sudden outburst. he stared back at her momentarily, before glancing down at his feet.

"Sorry," Y/N muttered, embarrassed. Hestia simply laughed again, and caressed Y/N's face. With her thumbs, she wiped away any remaining tears. He held her hand to his cheek, basking in its warmth.

"Shall we sit?" She asked. Waving her hand, the rug was instantly covered with food. Ice-cream, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, marshmallows, cookies. Y/N staggered over to the rug, taking a seat across from her. As Y/N gazed into her eyes, he felt his own eyes tear up slightly.