[4] Thalia boils some Naiads

After Party - Don Toliver
0:37 ━❍━━━━━ 3:36
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

Percy groaned, rolling his shoulder and wincing. He should have listened to Jeremy when he said that manticore venom hurt like Hades. Y/N slowly trudged over to him, his face grim.

"How did it go?" Thalia asked. Y/N sighed, before sitting down next to Percy.

"Not good." Y/N said, brushing some snow off his shoulder. "The hunters have to stay at the camp for the time being, and..." he paused. "Bianca is now a hunter."

Grover turned pale. "The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well."

"How'd they even show up here?" Percy wondered. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

"And Bianca joined them," Thalia said, disgusted. "It's all Zoe's fault. That stuck-up, no good—"

"Who can blame her?" Grover interrupted. "Eternity with Artemis? I would join in a heartbeat." He heaved a big sigh.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But she's so... into nature," Grover swooned.

"You're nuts," Y/N muttered.

"Nuts and berries," Grover said dreamily. "Yeah."

Finally the sky began to lighten. Artemis muttered, "About time. He's incredibly lazy during the winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy asked.

"For my brother. Yes."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. He couldn't exactly imagine Apollo pulling up in a fiery ball of gas.

"It's not exactly as you think," Artemis said, like she was reading his mind.

"Oh," Y/N said. "So it's not like he'll be pulling up in a—" There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon. A blast of warmth.

"Don't look," Artemis advised. "Not until he parks." Y/N averted his eyes. The light and warmth intensified until his winter coat felt like it was melting off. Then suddenly the light died. He glanced back, and almost did a double take. A gorgeous cherry red Shelby Cobra shone in a ring of grass where the snow had melted. It was his car. Well, the car he wanted, anyway.

The driver got out, smiling. He looked about seventeen or eighteen, and for a second, Y/N had the uneasy feeling it was Luke. This guy had the same sandy hair and outdoorsy good looks. But it wasn't Luke. This guy was taller, with no scar on his face like Luke's. His smile was brighter and more playful. The Cobra driver wore jeans and loafers and a sleeveless T-shirt

"Little sister!" Apollo called, flashing a smile so white it looked fake. "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

"Hey, I was born first." Apollo said.

"We're twins! How many millennia do we have to argue—"

"So what's up?" he interrupted. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?"

Artemis grit her teeth. "I need a favour. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood."

"Sure, sis!" Then he raised his hands in a stop everything gesture. "I feel a haiku coming on." The Hunters all groaned. He cleared his throat and held up one hand dramatically. "Green grass breaks through snow. Artemis pleads for my help. I am so cool." He grinned, waiting for applause.