[10] Freeze dried ice-cream to the rescue

Willy Wilder - Delicate Steve
0:37 ━❍━━━━━ 3:01
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

PERCY TORE ACROSS THE HALL , not daring to look behind. He burst into the Air and Space Museum and took off the invisibility cap once he was through the admissions area.

The main part of the museum was one huge room with rockets and airplanes hanging from the ceiling. Three levels of balconies curled around, so anyone could look at the exhibits from all different heights. The place wasn't crowded, just a few families and a couple of tour groups of kids, probably doing one of those holiday school trips. Percy kept running. Any minute, the skeletons were going to invade the museum.

Percy ran into Thalia—literally. He was barreling up the ramp to the top-floor balcony and slammed into her, knocking her into an Apollo space capsule.

Before Percy could regain his balance, Zoe and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at his chest. When Zoe realized who it was, she didn't seem anxious to lower her bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?"

"Percy!" Y/N sighed. "About time." Zoe glared at him, and Y/N rolled his eyes. "I mean, whaaaat? You're not supposed to be here!"

"Luke," Percy puffed, trying to catch his breath. "He's here."

The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. She put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?" Percy told them about the Natural History Museum, Dr. Thorn, Luke, and the General.

"The General is here?" Zoe looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie."

"Why would I lie? Look, there's no time. Skeleton warriors—"

"What?" Thalia demanded. "How many?"

"Twelve," Percy said. "And that's not all. That guy, the General, he said he was sending something, a 'playmate,' to distract you over here. A monster."

Thalia and Grover exchanged looks.

"We were following Artemis's trail," Grover said. "I was pretty sure it led here. Some powerful monster scent... She must've stopped here looking for the mystery monster. But we haven't found anything yet."

"Zoe," Bianca said nervously, "if it is the General—"

"It cannot be!" Zoe snapped. "Percy must have seen an Iris-message or some other illusion."

"Illusions don't crack marble floors," he told her.

Zoe took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "If Percy is telling the truth about the skeleton warriors," she said, "we have no time to argue. They are the worst, the most horrible... We must leave now."

"Good idea," Percy said.

"I was not including thee, boy," Zoe glared at him. "You are not part of this quest."

"Hey, I'm trying to save your lives!"

"Percy's coming with us, whether you like it or not." Y/N said firmly.

"That is not thy decision!" Zoe snapped.

Thalia scowled at her. "You're not the boss here, Zoe. We need Percy anyway.

"You never had any wisdom when it came to boys," Zoe growled. "You never could leave them behind!"

Thalia looked like she was about to hit Zoe. Then everyone froze. A growl so loud it vibrated the floor. Below them, a few adults screamed. A little kid's voice screeched with delight: "Kitty!"