one

"Please come again!"

Y/n tried to smile as she waved goodbye. Her lips were tense and her face hurt. She was anything but happy. In fact, she was quite depressed. And the moment that the door closed and the customer was out of sight, she heaved a sigh and crouched down to the floor. Her arms encircling her legs as she hugged herself.

"This sucks!"

Y/n L/n has two jobs. During the day, she works as a tailor. She fixes seams, makes new clothes, orders materials. At night, she would sing at a stingy bar up on a shitty stage and barely get paid anything. She, of course, could become something else, but she would much rather stick to singing than entertain the men in other ways... Besides, it wasn't as if anyone gave her a hard time when she would sing up on stage. All she had to do was belt out a few songs and then call it a night. Her tailoring job was pretty easy too. The only time it would be hard was when people would walk in and demand that their clothes needed to be fixed and that she didn't fix them correctly. Then, y/n would have to explain that she did, in fact, fix their clothes correctly, and that they just wanted to get their money back and make false claims.

She shook her head as she continued to sit on the floor.

Yes, her two jobs were easy, but just a few days ago her landlord had increased the rent for all the residents in the apartment complex. And now she wasn't sure if she would be able to make ends meet!

Which was why...

"Maybe I need another job...but I already have two! Should I ask for more hours, or...?"

She heard someone cough and clear their throat. Her eyes widening at the realization that someone had walked into the store while she was pouting on the floor. Panicking, she shot up from her spot. A smile easily plastering itself across her lips as she tried to act like her world wasn't falling apart and that she would most likely be living on the streets by next week.

"Hello, sir!"

She took in his appearance almost immediately. Two horns sprouted from his head, pointed ears, and narrowed teal eyes that were watching her every move. He must be a Vidyadhara. A humanoid with draconian features. Y/n had only ever seen a few in this part of town.

"Ma'am, pardon me for .. interrupting you, but I am in need of my coat being fixed and was wondering if you could patch the hole. You see, I would have had someone do it for me already, but no one knows where to get the material or what its made from. And, I can't remember where I had gotten it, so replacing this coat is out of the question."

He spoke simply as he gave her all the details needed.

"The price doesn't matter to me. I'll pay what I have to. So," he said while pushing the coat towards her while revealing the large gash in the fabric, "will this be something you are able to fix?"

"May i?"

He nodded and she took the coat and inspected the tear. It was obvious to her that a weapon of some sort made this cut, but .. she was just going to ignore that detail.

"I can fix it, sir. But this material is quite .. expensive .."

He shook his head, "the coat is very dear to me, and as I said - the price doesn't matter."

She nodded as she set the coat down back onto the countertop and then pulled out a notepad.

Quickly, she wrote down the material, the price of the material, and how long it would take for her to fix it.

"Here, I don't currently have this material in stock, so shipping will take about four days and then it'll take an extra two days to fix the tear and repair the fabric. This number here is the price. The reason why it is so expensive is because the seller is very well qualified and only has the best goods. Does this .. seem agreeable to you?"

She bit the inside of her cheek. She hoped he would decline and just buy a new coat. I mean, the fabric was just too expensive for a young man like him to waste his money on-

"Yes, I see. I'm actually acquainted with this merchant, and I wasn't aware he had the material...hmm, if I can get the material to you by tomorrow can you fix the coat within two days?"

She gulped, "yes, sir!"

"Good, then I'll deliver the material to you by tomorrow and I expect my coat to be ready by Thursday."

"Of course, sir. And may I get a name and number for your order in case I get your coat done early?"

"Right," he said leaning closer as he grabbed a pen from his pocket. The ball point gently pressing into the notepad as he scribbled his information down.

Dan Heng
(XXX) - XXX - XXXX

"My name and number, and thank you miss...," he glanced at her name tag, "Y/n."

"Its my pleasure," she said while plastering on that same smile.

He could only grin at how tense she was, "and y/n?"

"Yes?"

"You were muttering to yourself about getting a third job .., well, if you need another job then I suggest looking for a higher paying one."

He left her with that as she pouted. How embarrassing! He heard and saw everything as she was moping on the floor!