twenty

warnings | blade

He smirked at her little stutter when she greeted him. His legs carrying him to the front counter.

"It- it certainly has been awhile. Hasn't it?"

She tried to smile as she usually did, but she couldn't shake off the sense of danger she was feeling.

"It has."

He stopped in front of her, his size intimidating her slightly as she took a step back. But the wall behind her stopped her from retreating any further. And briefly, she wondered how fast she could go to make it to the back exit. Then she remembered that the back door was locked and the keys to it were in the drawer in front of her.

"I miss seeing you at the club, mind telling me what happened to you?"

"Oh- uhh, that? Yeah, I got fired."

She laughed sheepishly when she raised a hand to scratch at the back of her head. A lump seeming to grow in her throat.

"Fired, huh," he mused to himself - somewhat thinking of how he was the one who caused that, "how disappointing, I quite liked your voice. Its a shame I won't be hearing you sing again. Though, my offer from before still stands."

"Your... offer?"

"Playing dumb now, are you?"

She tilted her head to the side in confusion, "I'm sorry? Playing dumb about what?"

"Can't remember," Blade questioned while musing to himself, "then let me remind you."

His hand reachef for her wrist, trapping it in his grip. His fingers digging into her skin. If she wanted to run away from this man, then she would have to risk breaking her wrist or simply cutting her arm off. Not to mention she would then have to make it to the exit.

Then, with a swift tug, he pulled her close. She yelped loudly when she was pulled. Her stomach digging into the countertop's edge. She looked anywhere but at him, her eyes still wincing from the pain.

His other hand moved to cup her chin, forcing her to look at him.

"I paid you a visit on a Wednesday night, remember? We had an interesting conversation... which involved you thinking about my offer and me visiting you again Thursday night to get your answer. But, surprise, surprise - you weren't there, now were you?"

She winced when he moved his hand a bit and gripped her cheeks instead. His fingers digging into her soft skin as if forcing her mouth to move, to open and give him an answer he wanted to hear.

"I- I'm sorry, ok! I forgot, I swear I didn't mean to not meet up with you! So, please let go! You're hurting me!"

She struggled in his grasp, but truth be told it was like she was thrashing around for nothing. Like a small animal trapped in the clutches of something far stronger. And the more she struggled, the more the counter dug into her skin. It hurt so much that she couldn't stop the tears from springing in her eyes.

"And what, pray tell, made you forget? You don't know who I am, but I bet that stupid head of yours is screwed on good enough for you to know that I'm not a man who should mess with."

"L- listen, I was able to get the money to pay off my debt. I- I was happy, ok? And i- it just slipped my mind," she felt him move his hand from her face, to instead wrap around her throat, his fingers dug into the side while his thumb pressed harshly against the front of her throat right under her jaw. She gasped for breath as tears sprung from her eyes. Her free hand grasped at his wrist and tugged at him as hard as she could, "I'm sorry, ok?! I'm so sorry! I swear it was on accident!"

She gasped out her words as quickly as she could but it was hard to do as her air way was slowly being crushed in his palm.

And he was merely smirking, laughing to himself at her struggle. Truth be told, he wasn't all that angry about the situation. In fact, his initial plan was just to question where she was and engage in light conversation, but .. when he felt just how weak she was compared to him - he couldn't help but to see her cry, tell him to stop, and writher in his grasp.

"Blade, blade, bla-!"

He snapped back into focus suddenly. His mind clearing as he was still standing in front of y/n, but his hand wasn't around her throat.

"Yoohoo, anyone in there?"

She was initially afraid of him, yes. But seeing him dazed kind of set her mind at ease a bit as she waved a hand in front of his face causing him to blink owlishly at her, "what?"

"You said its been awhile and uhm..," she laughed while trailing off, "which brings me to this...," she suddenly bowed to him, "I sincerely apologize for ditching our meet up all that time ago! Please forgive me! After seeing you walk through those doors I briefly remembered you asking to meet up! I'm so very sorry!"

He clenched his jaw. So I was imagining wrapping my hand around her throat then.. he glanced at the palm of his hand and clenched his fist. It felt so real. So exhilarating too.

He thought about enacting his little fantasy right then and there, but decided not to.

Instead, he gave her small huff while crossing his arms over his chest - the image of her gasping for air while tears slid down her face still clear in his imagination, the temptation still swirling in the fore front of his mind. To just seize her within his grasp and act out what he saw in his head. Would she really cry like that if I actually choked her out? I wouldn't mind killing her, it felt too good.

His fists clenched and unclenched as his imaginations ran wild.

But he soon stuffed his thoughts deep within himself. There will definitely be a chance to make his little daydream of wrapping his hand around her throat a reality, and it would be best if he didn't think of killing her or watching her writher in pain.

For now, he'll just enjoy the here and now. It has been a long time since he found something new to gain his complete attention. Though, he was a bit surprised to find how it was a woman occupying his thoughts instead of the usual fantasy of killing his enemies with their blood splattering against anything and everything.

"Whatever, just don't do it again."

She nodded rapidly while promising not to stand him up again.

"Anyway," he muttered, "have you thought of my offer, songbird? Or are you planning on ditching me again for an answer you'll promise to give me tomorrow."

He smirked a bit as she pouted, "hey! I apologized didn't i! And... well, to answer your question..."

She bit her lip.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline."

He huffed a little, "got a reason? You got fired didn't you?"

She looked away from him as if she was trying to collect her thoughts before turning her gaze back onto his own piercing one, "I guess I'm just not all that interested in being someone's personal singer, I'm sorry."

He waved her off, dismissing the matter, "no matter. Discussing my offer to you wasn't initially my reason for coming here anyway."

"Oh?"

He took out his phone and opened it, quickly tapped on an app and then tossed the device to her. Panicking slightly, she managed to catch it without dropping it, her eyes quickly scanning the screen.

"What am I even looking at?"

"It's simple really. You're looking at an invitation for a soirée being held by some .. well, by some important people that you don't really need to concern yourself with."

"Then why are you showing me this?"

"I need a date."