two

It was early morning the next day which just so happened to be Tuesday. Dan Heng said he would be delivering the materials himself which meant she had until Thursday to fix his coat. Seems easy enough.

"Now I just have to wait for the materials, and then I'll call Gepard and tell him about this crazy coat! I mean, the material needed is insane!"

She smiled to herself as she decided to pull out the coat he left and decided to inspect the large gash in it. Her fingertips lightly tracing the frayed and damaged fabric.

She pursed her lips when she spotted the tinges of blood. He must of been injured... she made a quick mental note to wash off the blood before fixing the coat.

The bell rang signaling that the door opened. She was quick to break out of her concentration as she smiled, "hello, sir! How may I assist you today?"

She was hoping to see Dan Heng, but she reckoned that she wouldn't see him until the afternoon or something. In fact, she was greeted by someone else. He was taller than Dan Heng, lean too. He had long silver hair, striking gold eyes, and most importantly .. it seemed he was merely inspecting the store instead of actually being a customer.

"I'm just looking around today, miss..," he glanced at her for a moment. Her whole body tensing up as she felt as if she was being analyzed on the spot, "Miss y/n," he finished with a small, endearing smile. His voice was smooth and calculating. It made her want to run away and stay in place at the same time.

"Oh! I see! Well, I hope what you find is to your liking," she said with a grin. She hoped she sounded convincing. The last thing she needed was for to runaway and never come back after all-

After walking around the tailor shop for a few minutes, looking at the displays, feeling the different fabrics, and even playing with a few buttons arranged on the racks. Then, crossing his hands behind his back he finally made his way to the front counter and looked at all the little trinkets she had. Though, his eyes seemed to linger on the coat that she had on the counter, the gold color seeming to darken as he looked to the notepad beside it - reading the name to himself as he clicked his tongue.

His eyes finally met her curious ones, "sir? Are you ok? Wait! Do you feel unwell?! Do I need to call an ambulance?!"

Oh, dear y/n. As she watched him and watched his face change a tiny bit, she truly thought that he didn't feel well.

Her sudden out burst caused his eyes to widen before he broke out into a small fit of jovial laughter.

"Sorry for worrying you, miss y/n. I was just lost in thought," he gestured to the coat, "this is quite the material. Rare and expensive. Did you make it?"

She felt her face get hot in embarrassment for reading his expression wrong before stuttering out a reply, "n- no! A customer merely asked me to fix it for him. He told me he would bring the material by today, but ... he hasn't shown up yet."

"Do you get orders like this often, or are you two close?"

She laughed and waved her hand in a dismissive manner at the man, "oh no, we're not close! I actually just met him yesterday. And yes, I get orders like this all the time."

He hummed to himself in thought. He honestly couldn't tell if he was disappointed or relieved that the young lady before him wasn't aligned with Dan Heng. No matter, he came here in hoping for leverage against the man but instead found a little helpless girl instead.

"Well, miss y/n. I see you're quite good at your job by looking at the displays. If I ever have a custom order or need something fixed, then I'll be sure to come to you."

Her eyes were quick to brighten as she clasped her hands together in front of her chest in a hopeful manner, "thank you so much, sir! I promise that if you do commission me for work, you'll be 100% satisfied!"

He noted how cute she looked, and gave her a final wave goodbye before heading out. His mind making a mental note of her, the store's name, and how Dan Heng might become a frequent customer.