sixteen

Y/n bit her lip anxiously as she started to look for work Sunday morning. Ever since she was fired from her last night job, she knew she needed the extra help now. Even though Dan Heng helped her resolve the laundered money conflict, she was still strapped for cash since, well...

Her mind wondered off to late last night after she received a call from Dan Heng telling her the good news of her being cleared from debt once more.

LAST NIGHT

"Thank you so much again, Dan Heng. And sorry for blaming you for the whole problem in the first place... I just never would of expected Sampo to be the one behind all this, you know?"

"I know, I'm just glad I was able to help. Though, if I was more careful, then I would have noticed the hack in the first place. I hope you'll forgive me."

"No- I mean- it wasn't your fault, Dan Heng."

She bit the inside of her cheek, "Sampo was just being greedy. Speaking of which, whats he doing now? Did you turn him in to the Guards?"

"Ah, yeah. Something like that? Don't worry about it, he won't be bothering you again. Though, I do recommend looking for a new merchant to do business with."

She snorted as she walked around her apartment, "you're telling me. This whole week has been a whole roller-coaster!"

He chuckled on the other end causing her face to heat up a little. He has a really good laugh...

"Anyway, y/n. I better let you go. I know I should have called you tomorrow at a more.. decent time with the news about this, but I figured you needed this weight being lifted off your shoulders."

She giggled a little, "you're right about that," she answered as she twisted a strand of hair around her index finger.

"Goodnight then, y/n."

"Goodnight, Dan Heng."

She didn't wait for another reply when she ended the call as she flopped down onto her bed with a heavy sigh. A small smile on her lips as she thought of how much he really came through to her.

I should text Gepard in the morning and tell him the good news, but for now...

She yawned as she tossed her phone onto her nightstand and switched off her lap before flopping back onto the mattress. A content smile on her lips.

Sleep first. Gepard later.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Back to her biting her lips anxiously as she skimmed for a new job...

She did tell Gepard the good news, of course. To which she got an immediate response of him being happy for her. Granted, she couldn't exactly dwell on the happy feelings for long as she was now wanting to band her head against the coffee table. Not a decent job in sight!

Well, that was until she spotted a very interesting ad.

HELP WANTED
waitress needed for tea shop located in Luofu territory.

Her eyes about jumped out of their sockets when she read out the pay. It was more than she made at the darn tailor shop for crying out loud!

"Holy mother of-"

She reached for her phone quickly to dial the number. She had to act fast to get an interview because pay like this only shows up once in a blue moon!

"Hello?"

"Ah- yes, pardon me, but I'm calling today because of a help wanted ad in the paper?"

Y/n tried to calm herself and her rapid heart as she heard a little shuffling on the other end.

"Perfect! Can you come in tomorrow around 1pm for an interview?"

The lady's voice echoed a bit and sounded hopeful, and y/n was glad to jump at the chance.

"Absolutely! I'll be there!"

Things were starting to look up again.