thirty six

Y/n reminded Jing Yuan of someone. He couldn’t quite place the feeling, but he still felt some sort of connection. When he first met her, he felt that same pull, but he could only bring himself to see her as a piece on a chess board that he could use to get close to Dan Heng and Blade. That was why he wanted you to work him with. To be his assistant. Yet, when he saw how his words affected her that one time, how he hurt her during that interview…the pull to her grew stronger. Like a memory long lost that he couldn’t quite place. He tried to apologize at the soiree, but he feels that he didn’t come across as forgiving as he meant to. He hoped to see her again, but now that Dan Heng has his hands on her, as his intelligence division relayed to him, he doubted he would be able to see her again anytime soon.

And that hurts him to some degree, yet he doesn’t understand the reason.

“What is it?”

He answered his phone lazily as it had been ringing for some time. He didn’t necessarily want to talk to anyone today, but oh well.

“Ah, you finally answered.”

“Aventurine. To what do I owe the honor. It isn’t every day that I receive a call from the IPC.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about the formalities. I’m actually not calling on behalf of the IPC.”

Jing Yuan hummed to himself. His body leaning back into the chair as he found himself staring up at the ceiling, “so this is a personal call then…I think I would much rather have you calling me on behalf of the IPC.”

“You wound me. Why do you say that?”

“Because a personal call from you is far worse than a call from the IPC.”

Aventurine chuckled a bit on the other end of the line, his legs propped up on his desk as he looked at a specific report in hand.

“I guess that makes sense, but I suppose this personal call of mine can also count as a work call.”

“Just get to the point, Aventurine. I don’t want to play your games.”

Aventurine smirked a bit, “lately we have been receiving some fraudulent reports with money disputes within your and Blade’s area, along with faulty money transactions on Dan Heng’s side. Know anything about that?”

Jing Yuan sighed heavily, he knew.

“What about those reports?”

“Well, the reason why I’m calling is because it deals with only one person, a innocent young lady who has never committed a crime in her life! And I find that highly interesting and entertaining, because I honestly never seen a case like this before.”

Jing Yuan rubbed his forehead in preparation for the headache waiting to happen, “right…”

Aventurine, “so, mind telling me what’s going on over there, or do I need to come down there and see for myself?”

“There is no reason for that,” Jing Yuan assured.

“Then tell me what’s going on.”

“Just some fools chasing after a girl.”

Aventurine whistled a bit, “so you’re telling me that you all are chasing after some poor girl?”

“And what makes you think I am involved?”

Aventurine looked at the photo of the girl that was attached to the report, “because she’s cute. Looks easy to manipulate and control. I don’t know, seems like you’re type. Looks like my type too, but…I think I’ll leave her be since she has you and those other two to deal with … along with a few people who are still in the shadows.”

That caught Jing Yuan’s attention, “I know of Gepard.. are you telling me there are others?”

“You know of the Stellaron Hunters, right? You should since you already know Blade.”

“The point, Aventurine.”

“I’m saying, you should look into Kafka. She’s dangerous and she’s been looking after Y

since she started working at Stellaron Tailor.”

“You know a lot for someone who isn’t interested in her.”

Aventurine chuckled again, his feet falling from his desk as he sat up in his chair, “relax, I told you I found this whole scenario interesting. Though, I wouldn’t mind being her knight in shining armor if she needs me,” he answered truthfully.

“Is that so?”

“Woah there, you sound so scary. I’m shaking in my shoes here,” he said with a teasing tone, “I’m just joking. Kind of. But anyway, I must warn you. If you aren’t careful, then everything really will fall apart, and she won’t end up with any of you.”

“Is that a threat?”

“Not at all. It’s just a suggestion.”