fifteen

warnings | blood , slight implications of torture

ONE WEEK AGO

Sampo loved money, more so than a normal person should. One could even say he was obsessed with it. And yet, he didn't have enough of it.

Which was when he devised a plan to get more of said cash. And it all involved an elaborate plan of stealing money from one of the main three families.

Now, it was easy picking which family head to go for. That being the infamous Imbibitor Lunae, a.k.a Dan Heng. A Vidyadhara, who may have lived many lives up to this point, but was still wet behind the ears when dealing with the mafia.

Fun story, Dan Heng wasn't always apart of the mafia. In fact, no one has ever heard of the Vidyadhara Dan Heng. But, 50 years ago, in Dan Heng's last life, he had apparently saved a young man who, ironically at the time, was the new head of one of the three founding families that ruled over the bustling city.

The young man who was saved took Dan Heng in, pleading his case that he wished to pay the Vidyadhara back somehow.

Now, no one was sure Dan Heng became the new head, but after the young man died and Dan Heng entered his new, youthful life and body - well, low-n-behold, he was now a fearsome leader who managed to make a name for himself as Imbibitor Lunae.

And for Sampo, he was the perfect target since he was so new to the ways of living the dangerous life as a mafioso. Which led to Sampo out on a high rooftop of a building late at night. The wind and cold biting at him as he laid flat and peered through the scope of his sniper rifle. A smirk flitting across his lips as he got Dan Heng in his sights.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

And with a small apology, he aimed and fired. His index finger kissing the trigger. The recoil jarring his shoulder. The bullet cutting the air.

He reloaded as quickly as possible.

Once more.

Two more.

Maybe even a fourth.

Sampo was known for reloading quickly and being good with his hands and fast on his feet.

The bullets, all the while, met there mark and Dan Heng fell forward. His hands clutching at his wounds. To the young Vidyadhara, he could heal the wounds in no time, however, his mind was instead on his now tattered coat. Ripped from the bullets that broke through his skin and cut through the muscle and fabric.

He cursed and Sampo laughed.

Too easy.

The next day, much to Sampo's pleasure and amusement he spotted Dan Heng right outside of Stellaron Tailor. A shop that was directly owned by a different family called the Stellaron Hunters. And good news was - he knew the girl who worked there and just how everything would work out.

And honestly his plan should of worked out perfectly! And yet...

PRESENT NIGHT

A fist made contact with Sampo's jaw making his head snap to the side and blood to dribble from his mouth.

"You damn fuckhead! You realize how much shit you caused! How much money were you planning to steal from me?! From y/n?!"

Yeah, his plan should of worked perfectly. After switching out Dan Heng's money that he transferred to y/n for laundered money, and once y/n paid him with said illegal cash - what was supposed to happen was that Sampo was going to get double the profit, but instead ...

Instead he was getting beaten half to death by said Vidyadhara.

Coughing up more blood than he meant to, Sampo shrank within himself as he gave a small smile up at Dan Heng, "listen- I'm sorry, ok? This was all just some m- misunderstanding, I swear! It won't- won't happen again. I- I promise!"

Dan Heng looked up for a moment at the single light that hung from the ceiling which illuminated the musky, damp room. Then he let his head fall as he turned to look at the guards stationed at the door.

"Give me a moment you two."

The guards nodded without a word. Even sympathy couldn't been seen within their eyes when Sampo tried to silently plead for mercy.

Once they were gone and the door shut behind them, Dan Heng turned back Sampo - his eyes glowing a dangerous color.

"The only reason why you're apologizing to me now was because you were caught. And you wanna know how you were caught?"

Dan Heng went to a table where various torture tools laid making Sampo choke back a sob. The Vidyadhara reached for a bag and tossed it aimlessly at Sampo's cuffed feet.

Four bullets tumbled out of the package.

"One, those are yours. Had those things dug out of my flesh and off the concrete just to trace them back to their origin. That being you, of course."

Sampo reeled, "now hold on! Sure, I may have sold those bullets to someone, but it doesn't mean that i-"

Dan Heng took two long strides forward and shot his hand out, his fingers digging into Sampo's cheeks making his mouth shut tight.

"Two. Jing Yuan."

Sampo shook within his seat at the name. Jing Yuan was another head of the three families. The most dangerous one out of them all too. Nothing happened within this city without him knowing about it.

Dan Heng let go of Sampo's face causing the shady merchant to cry out, "alright fine! So I did it! But why would Jing Yuan tell you that?! He gains nothing from this!"

Dan Heng clenched his teeth, "truth he told, i don't know of his motives either. For the many lives that I have lived - I have not once met a conniving man like him."

He leaned in close to Sampo, "but enough of him. For now, let's figure out what we're going to do with you..."

Sampo, while staring into the eyes of the Vidyadhara, finally understood why they were revered. Why many would much rather steer clear of the Vidyadhara than walk the same path as them.

Beacause ... they were so fucking scary for one thing!

"Please- please don't kill m- me."

Sampo couldn't stop his voice from shaking as Dan Heng smiled - his lips dripping with a sort of cruelty within them.

"Oh, I won't kill you. I'm just going to re-educate you. Then you won't ever have a greed for money again and you'll only ever obey me. Sounds fun, right?"

Sampo loved money, more so than a normal person should. One could even say he was obsessed with it. And yet, he didn't have enough of it. But now, he wished he never made such a plan to begin with.

But as for Dan Heng? Well, he was thankful for Sampo really. Sure he was shot four times and his precious coat was torn, but in the end ... Sampo's greed for riches and wealth led Dan Heng into meeting Y/n. Sweet, gullible, naive Y/n.