twenty three

warnings | a confused/angry gepard , blade , gaslighter/manipulator jing yuan , slight jealous/mean dan heng , mentions of shitty parents , a heated kiss

The soirée was big.

There were many people. Many, many people. Pretty people, in fact. And she felt that she didn't quite fit in.

She felt like she stuck out like a sore thumb really.

"Y/n?!"

That was until she spotted Gepard as she got out of Blade's expensive car, and she immediately felt at peace. But before she could go over and greet her friend who was presumably standing guard at the entrance, Blade had immediately grabbed her wrist and placed her hand onto his arm, "you're my plus one, remember? So you stay by me. They won't let you in if you go wondering off."

"I- I understand."

He brought a hand to her chin and tilted her head up, his eyes scanning her briefly, "good girl," he muttered so only the two of them could hear before he moved his hand from her chin and tucked that same stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Let's go."

She failed to notice the smirk that Blade sent towards Gepard. The Silvermane Guard could only fume and clench in his fists. Questions flying through his mind a mile a minute as he wondered what y/n could possibly being doing here.

Walking in, y/n was immediately hit with an extravagant scene. Expensive chandeliers hung from the ceiling. The floor seemed to be made of marble and gold. There were long tables lined with expensive foods and dishes and then there were circular tables with name cards on them. Heck, the last time she saw a table with name cards at certain seats with fancy letters written on them was at her cousin's wedding a few years back, and at that wedding she didn't even have a name card or a chair!

"This is my seat?!" She had whispered-yelled to Blade as he brought her across the floor, easily maneuvering around people (but it was more like the people moved out of his way than the other way around), and to a table. His name was etched in black ink along with her own on two namecards sitting side by side at a table closest to the far side towards the front near the big stage where live performers played. The music, she noted quickly, was not to her liking.

"What? Expecting to sit on the floor?" She thought back to her cousin's wedding when she was told by her parents to stand outside where some of the other wedding guests were. It was very cold and rainy that day, she remembered it well as it was still January and in the deep throng of winter.

"Er... sort of?" Blade rolled his eyes and took her chair out so she could sit down and then pushed it in once she got comfortable.

"You're weird."

"And you're mean."

He sent her smirk, "want me to show you mean?"

She tensed a little, "on second thought, you're really nice. Thank you so much for bringing me here."

"You're no fun and your sarcasm sucks."

She laughed a bit, glad that she was at least managing to talk with Blade to some degree without things being awkward.

"Y/n."

She seemed to brighten up once again as she turned, a smile breaking out onto her face when she saw Dan Heng standing near their table.

"Dan Heng!"

She moved to stand, but Blade grabbed her arm and forced her back down.

"Do I need to keep reminding you that you have to stay with me?"