twenty two

warnings | blade & y/n wears a dress + makeup (not really a warning, but thought people should know anyway)

Y/n got dress around seven that night and was practically ready by seven thirty. her makeup was light but well done. And she made sure (before getting ready and putting everything on) that she showered.

The wait was terrible. She tried not to bite her nails or pace around the house. She, at one point, contemplated on just taking off her dress and then proceed to lounge around in her pajamas, but .. then there was the chance of her hair getting all messy again. Besides, once her (favorite color) dress came off, she didn't plan on putting back on. Mainly because it felt kind of constricting. It was a pretty dress though.

It was a type of crisscross backless dress made of satin cloth. The moment she had touched it that same morning she felt as if she was too poor to even wear it, much less look at the darn thing.

She wondered how much it had cost, but decided not to ask Blade once he comes to pick her up. Mainly because ... she fears the price will give her a heart attack.

She jumped suddenly when a loud knock sounded on her door, the noise ricocheting in her ears as she took a quick glance at her phone.

8:00 pm

She smoothed out her dress and got her small purse with a thin strap. She didn't initially have the purse but it came with the dress and matched the color. She wondered if Blade knew the color was her favorite.. She shook her head and made her way to the front door and quickly put on her heels. Her eyes glancing to the wall mirror as she looked herself over once, twice, thrice.

Well, at least I don't look too bad in this color.

Smoothing out her dress one more time and making sure her hands were sweaty, she opened the door. A small click echoing as she turned the knob.

"Hi, Blade."

Her voice came out quieter than she intended to as she was greeted with the sight of him. He was dressed in a simple black suit with a tie that matched her dress. His white button up making her cheeks grow hot as she looked away.

"I knew that dress would suit you," he held out his arm when he greeted her, "let's go, songbird."

She smiled and rolled her eyes, "can't you think of a different nickname? I don't work at the club anymore, so singing isn't something I do anymore."

After closing and locking her door, she turned and reached for his arm. Her soft hands wrapping around his bicep as she felt the way his muscles flexed beneath her fingertips. She tried to stay focused as best as she could.

His gaze turned to look down at her. His eyes swimming with an emotion she couldn't quite place, but it was gone before she could dwell on it any further.

"A new nickname, huh?"

He lifted his free arm. His hand brushing a stray hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear.

"I'll have to think of one then. Though, don't be too disappointed if its worse than songbird."

"Oh, please. What nickname could be worse than songbird?"

"I could call you my sl-"

"Actually, nevermind. I don't think I want you to answer that," she mumbled as she didn't hear what he was about to say, and 8f she did, well, she would probably either (a) start crying or (b) whack him as hard as she could. Though, the (b) option could result in her being hit back...

He huffed and shrugged his shoulders and lead her to where his car was. And just as she thought, it was expensive looking.

And as he made his way to the door, he turned to look at her, "what?"

"Maybe i should just walk..."

"Why?"

"Because I'm way too poor for something like this-"

He smirked when he opened the door. And just as he got in, he pulled her along with him. A loud yelp releasing from her lips as she landed on his hard chest. Her hands splaying out and reaching to grip at his shoulders as he easily held her and moved so the both of them were sitting upright. One of his hands going for the door to pull it shut.

"Oops, sorry, I think I tripped."

"Tripped my foot. You did that on purpose!"

His smirk grew, "and what are you going to do about it if it was on purpose?"

He leaned in closer as she gave him an angry pout. Her bottom lip jutting out as she gritted her teeth.

"I'll- I'll pray to the aeons that you stub your pinky toes on all the coffee tables you come across!"

"You better not-"

"Its too late! I already sent a prayer!"

She didn't notice how he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. His mind fixating on the way she talked, the way she moved against him, and the way she gripped his shoulders.

Maybe he wouldn't want to kill her. Maybe he does. This feeling was so foreign to him. Confusing too. Whatever, I'll worry about it later.