ten

Friday morning, and y/n was estactic to see Sampo. Throughout the whole day Thursday, she was practically jumping around the store, she even closed early to go home and marvel at the new situation she was in.

After she pays Sampo, she will be debt free! Heck, she even got to pay her apartment rent early and even got great dinner to boot!

Granted, she did feel like she was forgetting something. Something that she had to do yesterday night, but nothing came to mind. In other words, it probably wasn't that important. (At least, that was what she kept telling herself.)

Little did she know, however, was that she completely forgot that Blade had asked to meet with her last night..

So now there was a danger of seeing him again, and she finds herself drumming her fingers away at the counter blissfully unaware. Her eyes flicking to the clock every now and again as her meeting up with Sampo would get closer and closer. Her eyes practically shining by this point.

I'll definitely have to thank Dan Heng again when and if I ever see him again.

Just as she finished that thought, the front door's bell gave a little jingle signaling someone coming in, and low-n-behold, it was Sampo. And boy was she glad to see him.

"Y/n! Good to see you," he greeted her swiftly as he walked to the front where she was standing. His feet coming to a stop then as his body leant forward so he could rest his elbows on the countertop. His eyes shining with a mischievous glint.

"I'm sorry for cutting to the chase, you know how much I love our riveting conversations, but I must ask for the payment first. You see, we don't exactly want to-"

She cut him off as she immediately went on her phone and happily transferred the money to him.

A ding sounding on his device causing him to pull it out and gaze at the number with bewilderment, "huh? You.. were able to pay it? The full amount no less.."

"Yep! The customer gave me the money to pay you with since he originally promised to get the material for me. Wasnt that sweet of him?"

She gushed as she recounted Dan Heng's actions and even the little smile adorning his face. She couldn't believe how everything resolved itself thanks to him. Heck, she didn't even have to worry about her rent for the next months to come thanks to him!

Sampo's laidback expression was quick to return as he gave her his signature smile, his lips curling in such a way that caused her to tilt her head. He seems .. kinda nervous? I wonder why..

"I'm happy everything worked out for you y/n. Truth be told, I was actually kind of worried and even thought about giving you an extension for the payment depending if you were actually able to pay anything today. But, that seems to not be the cade now, so congrats, i guess you're officially out of debt now!"

"Yeah," she cheered, "and I'm sorry if I caused any trouble Sampo. I know that the merchant business is tough, so I hope you didn't have any problems since you had to wait a bit for the payment."

Sampo waved a hand in a dismissive manner, "think nothing of it y/n. Though I will suggest actually having the money ready in the future if you ever go to any other merchant for business, because not every merchant around here is as kind as I am."

She smiled, "of course!"

Nodding his head, he held out his hand to her, "well, it was nice doing business with you nonetheless, I do hope you plan on working with me again in the future."

"Depends on your prices and if i will go into debt again," depsite her words, she grabbed his hand nonetheless.

Sampo laughed at her words and made no promises to her for better prices as he bid her farewell. And just as quickly as he was there, he was gone - leaving her to her own thoughts as relief would wash over her. Her debt was officially gone (for the time being).

MEANWHILE

Sampo dreaded the phone call the moment his phone started ringing. His eyes crinkling with a smidgen of worry as he pressed the green button to answer it.

And before he could get a 'hello' out of his mouth, the man on the other end was already bombarding him.

"Where'd she get the money to pay off the bill?"

"Geez," Sampo muttered, "not even a how are you doing? How cold of you Gepard. But to answer your question.. she got the money from Dan Heng. A customer who had promised her to pay for the material."

Gepard, who was on the other end, merely rolled his eyes as he tapped hus fingers against the desk in his office. His original plan to get y/n to come to him for help immediately fell flat. Nothing was working out and now he has to deal with this too.

"Did she say anything else?"

"Nope," Sampo answered truthfully, "we just joked around for a bit, but nothing too important was said," Sampo continued as a devious smile soon formed, "and you know.. I just have to imagine that irritated look on your expression etching across your face right about now. Your little plan didn't work out, did it?"

He didn't get an answer as the call got hung up. His lips curled into an amused grin as he turned off his phone and slipped it back into his pocket.

Now, he didn't know what the Captain of the Silvermane Guards was up to or why he was doing such things to a nice little lady like y/n, but Sampo wouldn't mind sitting back and watching the show unfold.

Especially since things just started getting interesting. And who knows? He may just help y/n out every once and awhile, well, unless he gets paid to do something else entirely.