twelve

"Laundered money..."

Gepard let the words roll off his tongue, the lunches long forgotten as y/n had spilled her new troubles to him.

"I understand. The only thing we can do is pay it off with legal money."

"But I.. I don't have that sort of cash on me, and I don't think I'll be able to get it either."

Gepard smiled as he stood up from his chair and came around the desk. Her head immediately tilting down to avoid his gaze as he came to sit in front of her. His backside leaning against the desk as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Let me help you."

She clenched her fists tight, her lips pressing together.

"But i-"

He got off the desk and kneeled down. His hands lying on her knees, forcing her to finally meet his gaze.

"Y/n, let me help you."

"Gepard...," she sniffles, "oh Gepard. Everything has been falling apart! Even when I think I got my problems resolved, they just come right back!"

She flung her arms out and wrapped them around his neck, her face pressing into his chest as she sobbed, "its not fair, Gepard! Why? Why is everything just falling apart?! Nothing has been the same ever since I escaped my parents. Its as if everything has just gotten worse."

He wrapped his own arms around her. One of his hands pressing into the small of her back as to push her closer.

"I know, Aeons, I know. That house was a nightmare for you. I know it was. So, so just let me take care of this. I swear i'll pay it off, so don't cry y/n."

Truthfully, Gepard didn't have any part of this. He wasn't aware the money was laundered at all which meant someone else was up to this. Which probably had something to do with that client she had.

"I- I'm sorry, Gepard. For always causing you trouble.. you- you saved me from that place. Gave me a chance to live how I wanted, and- and now I'm just relying on you again."

Gepard held her tighter. His heart clenching as regret bubbled up inside him. Ever since he met Luocha, the man had put it in his head that he should take what he wanted which was why Gepard felt as if it was worth putting everything at stake to have y/n for himself. But this wasn't what he wanted. Not at all.

"I'll fix everything. I swear."

I'll fix what I've done and I'll find out who exactly gave y/n laundered money, and I'm sure it was that client y/n had at the tailor shop.