Chapter #6 - The Second Meeting

I just wanted to draw so-

~Around one week later (I think...)~

Ad shook me out of bed.

"Yugo, for Eliatrope's sake, we have to attend this meeting!" he demanded. I kept my eyes closed in attempt to ignore him, "Get your hat on before we're late." I had been sleeping in later because of all the pains.

I sighed and gave up that attempt.

"This is the meeting regarding the Zaaps, yes?" I asked him, half delirious. I yawned as Adamai handed me a plate of eggs.

"Yes."

"Thank you, Ad." I muffled back white stuffing as many eggs as I could into my mouth.

As I finished getting ready, Ad kept staring at the floor.

"Yugo, I know you've been avoiding this discussion," he started, meeting my eyes. "But the kingdom will be Ok." A slightly smiled at his comforting certainty. The last of the eggs were finished, and I walked over to him.

"You're the one WHO hasn't told me any damage reports," I scoffed. Adamai and I had made up since Ogrest, but we were definitely still on the edge of it. He sighed and followed me as I left the room.

We ran as fast as we could to the Sadidan diner/courtroom. As he walked in to the long table and to our seats, the Prince of Brakmar laughed a little at our exasperated expressions. I rolled my eyes as I got comfortable in my seat.

"I apologize for my late appearance," I lied. I would never be sorry. "Would you please update me on what damage has been done?" 

King Oakheart nodded, yet still frowned. "Two more Zaaps have been destroyed. One in Frigost, and another in Bonta. Because of your absence for a week, we have reason to assume it was you, King Yugo," he told him. I sighed as I stood up to rebut.

"King," I addressed, "I have not left the settlement because I was terrible injured and my health inhibited me from doing so." Adamai nodded, as did most of the council.

"Hmp," the Prince of Brakmar scoffed, "You're in fine condition now." Adamai growled at him and then swore under his breath.

"If you wouldn't mind, Prince, he's still burnt around his wrists and back," Adamai retorted, lifting my arm into the air to show off the red marks. The Prince made a fist on the table, but quickly moved it under the table in hopes that no one saw. 

"Well, he should be more than that because he's just a-"

The Prince of Brakmar was cut off by the sound of a bell meaning that food was being brought in. He himself growled when he saw the Eliatrope special.

Adamai laughed loudly at the face he had made. Once he stopped, all he met was an awkward silence as he began to eat instead.

"So then, king Yugo, how badly had you been hurt originally?" The Eniripsa ruler asked him.

'Adamai, now that it's been brung up, you never did tell me the extent of how I had been hurt...'

I recalled to him through our link.

'You don't need to know... I was terrible.'

'Adamai, I don't care.'

He quietly whispered a sigh to me.

'Fine. But I'm not uttering a word of it.'

'Just go get Xenlyr already,' I finally commanded him.

Adamai politely asked to leave the room and proceeded to do so. I regretted it as the feeling of weakness crept into my thoughts.

"So, king Yugo," the Price of Bonta took my attention as he grinned. I watched him stand up and begin to walk over to me. He looked insane from his actions and the tone in his voice.

"Now that your dear brother isn't in the way, I should finish, shouldn't I?"

I gulped quietly.

I stood up as he approached my chair, feeling small as he gazed down apon me. I watched him mouth the word short while holding in a laugh. I rolled my eyes is I felt my wings close to move down to show that I was uncomfortable, intimidated, and not at all prepared.

As I was not as high alert or fast as Adamai, I couldn't react as quickly as he could. That was kind of his job when they were adventuring.

The Prince of Brakmar grabbed my shoulder and punched my ribs on repeat. At least I knew that this was the last meeting Brakmar would be attending...

I heard at least one of the members of the Brotherhood of the Tofu Breathe in sharply to acknowledge the assault.

'Yugo why are you in pain..?' Adamai asked through our link and current distance. I gave him a pained chuckle in return as I let him see through my eyes.

'Oh. Well, Xenlyr's will be on the scene soon, anyway.' 

The Prince of Brakmar kicked me to the ground in frustration, breaking all my frustration. I knew that he had hit me was bleeding once I made contact with the floor. I sighed and looked up fearfully as he reached his hands down. 

He turned me slightly to pin my arms bruins my first. Once i was stuck in such a position, he moved his free hand to my forehead.

'This can't be happening...'

'This CANNOT be happening.'