Second Ending - Part 1

That's right- I'm back and have ideas again! Welcome to the second ending and the ending of the "complete" switch. I probably won't work on it too often, but it's still back.

Ty for sticking around for this

-MG16

I stood at the top of the staircase unmoving. I turned to Dally, regretting my decision. He began to progress forward, but I stayed still until I could talk sense into him.

"Hey, Bud, you coming?" he asked. I looked down at my feet, doubt setting further in.

"Dally, what if we get lost? Adamai is already concerned about me as it is; he would kill me if something happened and we got stuck," I told him, looking back up. Dally looked at me from behind his shoulder, a blank face of realization becoming more evident.

"Oh, yeah."

I smiled to him before I began running back down the staircase. I tried to take it slowly, but Dally began to rush me as a horde of princesses rushed down after us. We turned the corner, escaping the tight space of walls that had trapped us on the staircase, breathing in the air, colder due the absence of so many souls.

In front of me, I saw the dining room empty. Every soul gone and moving out of the castle quickly. With wakfu massed in such a large group, it wasn't hard to tell where these people were going. I had a general sense of direction, but exact locations were rare and few in between when it came to these kinds of Eliatrope powers, anyway.

I, not looking behind me, began to run forward as I realized the air was getting hotter. Not from people, but pure fire. The air was thickening with Stasis. I ended up on a ledge that led out to open air at some point and looked behind me.

Flames were licking at the castle's base and about halfway up the eastern wing, coming in my direction. Large plumes of black smoke came out of any opening. I had to get out.

Going back in was out of the question at this point. Seeing as the new fields in front of me had already been drained by the fire before it died in that area, I wouldn't have long to make a decision.

I heard a defining crack beneath me and ran back inside the castle before the ledge I was standing on collapsed and fell at least 200 feet until it crashed against the ground below it. I didn't see it crash before the roof above me caved toward the new hole in the wall and blocked off the outside air. I was in an area that was much too secluded.

If only I could contact Adamai without him getting mad at me. If we knew I started using my wakfu, I'd get more than a lecture from my brother. Furthermore, he probably wasn't close enough to me at this point unless he was already looking for me.

I tried finding him anyway.

'Adamai, tell me that you're close. I don't-' I coughed loudly before I was able to continue, 'The air around me is running out of oxygen-!' I breathed in and tried to hold it, desperately forcing my lungs to grasp at the little air left.

'Yugo! I'm coming, stay with me! Please, try your best to stay conscious for the both of us,' his voice resonated in my head. I felt my legs go limp and I fell to my knees, held up by my hands.

More creaking sounded from above me, and I looked up in time to see the ceiling lose its strength, beginning to fall around me.

'Mhm. I'll tr-'

The connection was suddenly cut, an intense headache taking over my thoughts. It was followed by this humming, a high-pitched tone that made what senses I could understand practically disappear. My arms gave up and I fell with my chest flat against the floor, which I was sure would also collapse soon. I looked to the side of me, seeing the flames closer than comfortable.

The wind was suddenly knocked out of me from above, probably hitting my head. I tried to move my hand to feel if it was bleeding, but I couldn't lift it.

A light peaked through the floor I could see, a bigger hole forming quickly. I fell through. As I fell, the air began to thin out again, the smoke spreading out. I saw hundreds of splinters of wood.

Hah, this was familiar.

I lost consciousness quickly, not even having hit the ground.