First Ending - Part 4

I woke up refreshed the next morning. I walked around the rather large room that had been styled to be similar to how Alibert would have set it up, but it still felt very cultured to the Eliatrope style at the same time. It felt very nostalgic.

I walked over to a closet and opened the door. It was small, but I wouldn't end up putting much in it anyway. I saw three hats hanging there, relieving that pressure off me. One of them appeared to be an exact replica, the second was very similar, but it was a more desaturated color and was longer, and the third was really a shawl with a hood. I picked up the first hat without much hesitation and put it on.

Next, I walked over to a mirror to look at myself. I hadn't in a while and, frankly, had forgotten what I probably looked like by now. My hair was longer than I thought it was, and besides the scratches, bruises, and other imperfections, I looked pretty much the same. Then I wondered, 'What do my wings look like now?' It was a little thought, but it piqued my interest.

Still looking into the mirror, I watched myself slowly lift my hat off; what I saw shocked me. My wings appeared to be inflated in a way, they were darker, they were more translucent than usual, and was a red streak on each one.

Stunned, I just stood there with wide eyes. I thought about calling Adamai, but I had no idea where he was and considering the last time I tried contacting him, he would advise against it himself.

I put my hat back on and quickly left my room to find any Eliatrope who might know more than I did about my wings. I first opened Adamai's door, but he wasn't there. I figured he was maybe eating breakfast or working or occupying himself in some other way. I made my way down the rest of the hallway until Balthezar luckily let me in.

His room was gigantic compared to mine, but only an Iop wouldn't conclude that it was just in case he wanted to sleep in his dragon form or something, which Balthezar specifically preferred over his humanoid one. The door was still sized for an Eliatrope, though. The main thing that caught my eye is that his decor looked nothing like anything I had ever seen. It was incredibly beautiful and threatening in the same way, which felt very dragonish.

I stopped admiring the room and took off my hat to show him, saying nothing. He transformed into his humanoid version to inspect them. After I stood there for a minute, though, it sounded like he already had a settled conclusion.

"I don't know what you did to end up like this or why you thought it was a good idea, but you've severely hurt yourself," he began, "You need to be careful. Don't use your Wakfu unless you want to make it worse for yourself."

"But what did I do?" I asked.

"You've managed to inflict yourself with some kind of disease. I know that you probably didn't know you could do this, but you can never replicate the situations you've put yourself in recently. On the other hand, it's only in its early stages and can easily be treated as long as you don't screw up," Balthezar answered. I nodded as I took in the information.

"What do I do to cure myself?" I inquired further.

"The problem is since you created this thing, you have to study it. It's a unique disease and each one has it's own effects."

"Got it," I answered putting on my hat and preparing to leave the room. Before I walked out, he grabbed my shoulder and took my hat back off.

"You're not wearing this," Balthezar said in a serious tone.

"Why?"

"First, you can't study your wings if they're covered, and second, It's the safer option. You can't take chances with things like this," he told me, handing me my hat back. I wanted to say more, but it really isn't easy to argue with Balthezar. I walked out not wearing my hat.

As I walked through the hallway back to my room, Adamai stopped me.

"Yugo, I got you food," he said, presenting a plate of eggs to me. I smiled back as he asked, "Hey, why aren't you wearing your hat? You have it..."

I looked down, not knowing if I should tell him. "Oh. It's just kinda warm in here today, you know? It's not like anyone except the other eight of the council will see me," I spat out, figuring I sounded a bit anxious. Adamai looked at me suspiciously and just shrugged it off with a "if you say...", which made me grateful. I wondered if he noticed the way my wings looked as we walked to our rooms, which were across the hallway from each other.

"Hey, why didn't you wake me up for breakfast?" I asked him, opening the door to my room. I walked in and Adamai followed me.

"You were asleep. I figured you would need it," he said.

"Why was Balthezar in his room then?"

"Have you met him? He eats like Qilby is coming for him!"

"....Not funny," I commented as I looked down. Qilby was hard to deal with once we all arrived in the World of Twelve. Of course, I had always struggled with having to lock him in the White Dimension, but it was his sister that I couldn't figure out. A dragon couldn't just be kept in the World of Twelve when we didn't know her intentions. I figured that she was well-hearted, but her close acquaintance with Qilby just made several of us in the council uncomfortable. 

"So, maybe we should put her in the White Dimension," was the next thought. But then the issue became that Qilby was too desperate and clever to be anywhere in the World of Twelve as well. Keeping them both in the White Dimension was risky because if Shinonome was sane, Qilby would change that. Having both in the World of Twelve wasn't even an option. We had to separate them while still keeping the world safe.

Then we realized our last option. One had to go. It messed with me a lot and I even questioned if I should not rule the Eliatropes that day, but we went with it and in the end, Qilby wouldn't be coming back from his Dofus soon. And, with Shinonome locked in the White Dimension, she couldn't join him there. It was perfect and painful when it had to happen, but at least safety was possible.

Adamai apologized for his analogy after my long response of loud silence. I took my eggs from him and sat in silence as he walked out of my room and closed the door. I ate them quickly and then began to think about my wings to distract myself.

Greetings from Elger Nouvelle! I realized that this "ending" is getting really long now, but I promise it's coming to an end. That presents a new problem because I forgot my ideas for other endings. I might end the story once this ending ends and then add another ending when I think of one. Good news, this is not the end of the ending.

Also, A, I don't know whether to admire you or be mad at you for commenting "Skill issue" twenty-one times in one chapter of Memories, like, what.

I don't think I have anything else to say for now.

Bye~

-MG16