Chapter 35

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"You're not hungry?" A voice asked from behind you, making you jolt in surprise.

Your eyes widened in realisation that it is Yuta.

"Oh... Yuta-senpai." Your voice didn't contain the usual joy in it. And Yuta didn't like that.

Amongst all the things floating around in your head, you'd seemed to have forgotten the whole confession.

You were being awkward, and Yuta could tell. He sat down beside you, and gave you a stern look.

"Listen, (Y/n). I'd hate nothing more than to make you uncomfortable, alright? So if you wanna pretend that thing didn't happen, or not talk to me, I'll be okay with that." He said, his stern gaze inevitably melting into a softer one. He couldn't be Stern with you.

"Yuta-senpai..." You said, looking down at your lap.

"I'm flattered you developed feelings for me. And don't get me wrong, you are an amazing person, and I know I led you on that day, which I shouldn't have. I'm sorry. You deserve better than that--" You took a deep breath.

"--but... There is someone else I like. And I'm not completely sure about my feelings towards this person... But I do know that you shouldn't settle with someone who likes another person more than you. So I'm sorry, Yuta-senpai, but I cannot reciprocate your feelings." You said, as you balled up your fists, and felt your heart hammer against your chest.

The overwhelming feeling you had was replaced by confusion when you heard Yuta's chuckle, the one that was capable of putting people at ease.

"You worry too much, (Y/n)." He said, noticing your nervousness.

"Of course it's alright that you like another guy." Yuta said, smiling gently at you.

"And y'know, I've still got Rika, so it's all good." He said, showing his ring

Your body visibly relaxed, as you smiled at him.

Maybe... Just maybe you should tell him about it.

 Just maybe you should tell him about it