Chapter 36

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Gaining consciousness, Satoru's eyes were still closed, as his hand scanned the expanse of his bed, searching for your warmth.

His eyes opened, when they couldn't find anything. He looked around his room, and still, no sign of you.

Maybe you were off to get a snack? Or drink some water?

With a stretch, he got up, and went towards the kitchen, but you weren't there.

He knocked on the bathroom, and checked literally anywhere else you could be, but nope, nothing.

He heard his phone ring, and rushed to his bedroom, thinking it's you.

But, it was Shoko.

He picked up the call.

"Why're you calling first thing in the morning?" Satoru grumbled into the phone.

"Good morning to you too." Shoko said back. He could basically hear her roll her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, morning." Satoru said.

"Don't tell me I've been assigned another damn mission the day after I reached from my previous one..." Satoru sighed.

"No, not as far as I know. And why the hell would I call to inform you about your mission?" Shoko asked.

"Right... so why have you called, exactly? You sure as hell wouldn't call me at... 8:30 in the morning." Satoru asked.

"Well, y'know nothing out of the ordinary. Just wanted to tell you how your best friend woke up from his coma."

"WHAT?!"