Chapter 38

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Sensei?" You'd spoken before your mother could complete her words.

Satoru turned, to look at you, as if he didn't already feel your cursed energy approaching the room.

"Ah, (Y/n)!" He beamed.

"Take a seat, you two." Your mother said, smiling.

Your sister sat down next to your mother, and you sat next to your sister, opposite to the white haired man.

"Gosh, I got worried when you I heard you just left to Osaka, without telling me a word." He said, sighing with a smile.

"You left without a word, (Y/n)?" Your mom asked, looking at you.

"I- uh..." Shit. You were struggling to come up with an excuse.

"Oh, I was away on a mission overseas, so it was just me who wasn't informed." Satoru said, lying to cover for you.

Your mother and sister nodded in understanding.

"But, I got assigned another mission around here, in Osaka. So I thought why not visit my favourite student while I'm at it!" Satoru said, smiling widely, as you squirmed awkwardly under his gaze.

Shit... You really didn't want to be confronted right now.

"You're here on a mission? How long will you be here for?" Your sister asked, looking at him.

"Oh, like two weeks?" He said, rubbing his chin.

Bullshit. The man could finish up a mission in less than a day. Assuming there actually was a mission.

"You could stay here, at our house." Your mother offered, smiling.

You almost choked on your breath.

"I'm sure sensei has a perfectly fine hotel that would like to accomodate him—"

"I'd love to!" He said, grinning widely. He has his blindfold on, but you could practically feel his gaze piercing the side of your head, as you avoiding looking his way, opting to look at the table in front of you, or your mother.

"That's amazing. We'd be more than honoured to have the strongest sorcerer stay with us for a while." Your mother said, smiling at him.

Oh god. You were bound to get confronted now. Damn it...

"Yui," your mother called out to the servant standing outside the door.