Chapter 2

Here's the next chapter. fresh off the press for your eyes. have fun reading!

__________________________________________________________________

(A about ten minutes earlier)

Today was a good day for Dr. Lenard Church, the Director of Project Freelancer, and very proud father. After all, why shouldn't he be? His daughter, designated name Agent Carolina was his best soldier and he was getting closer to her. "Director!" ,said Alpha, Project Freelancer's only A.I. franticly. "What is it, Alpha?", Lenard asked while arching a brow. It wasn't like Alpha to be like this. "While running through routine scans of the ship, sir, I came across something peculiar in a storage room close to the Training Floor.", stated Alpha. Now this grabbed the Director's attention. "Tell me what happened Alpha. Every detail.", Lenard demanded.

He looked out of his office window and looked at his reflection in it. He had black hair with greying edges. His physique was that of an middle-aged man who kept himself in shape- he'd been told by plenty a women that it complimented his rather tall visage. His mouth was set in a thoughtful frown, and had a small goatee under it. his nose was a bit straight, but it was above his nose that attracted so many. His eyes. The eyes that could pierce a soul with a vibrant jade green-yellow that glowed with knowledge.

"Honestly, sir, I don't have a good idea. The room itself doesn't have any weapons or food or... well anything. It literally enlarged itself for a moment then, a completely new room appeared. Whoever did this was a fucking Houdini!", Alpha explained. Lenard's brow furrowed. 'That doesn't seem to be physically possible. What the hell happened?', he thought with a large amount of curiosity. "F.I.L.L.I.S", he called out, "get me Agents South Dakota and New York- tell them that this is level zero priority." "Yes sir." said F.I.L.L.S, the only other A.I on the Mother of Invention- not to be confused with Alpha, as she spends more "time" with the Freelancers.

Also, F.L.I.S.S. was built into the Mother of Invention. A moment later, the two filed in and saluted. The Director gave them a small smile and said "At ease you two. This mission is a relatively simple one, but is still vital, just as any other missions that you undertake." They both visibly relaxed a bit. "What is the mission sir?", South asked with an irritated voice. "It may seem that we have an intruder on board. I want you, Agent South Dakota and Agent New York, to find the closest storage room door to the Training Floor. Alpha has detected there is an entirely new room that is not on the ships' systematics. Your sub objective is to find out if there is anyone inside. If so, you must find out if he or she is a hostile. If they are hostile, you may eliminate them how you see fit. And I'm sending Agent Carolina as back up. Is that clear?" explained the Director. Both saluted and said at the same time, "Crystal, Sir!" The Director then turned around and stated "Dismissed."

The two nodded, turned around, and marched out of his office. Lenard sighed. Just another day in as the head of Project Freelancer.