Chapter 27

Hey everyone, I'm back after an absence... well to me it feels like it's been to long. I got my lazy ass into gear for this chapter, so by all means, like vote comment... know what? Your choice. enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Alaska and South, empty room before getting ready for their date)

" I'm sorry, could you repeat that please? Not sure if I heard you correctly.", I said as my face turned into the very definition of shocked confusion. "I said, 'would you like to go on a date with me to the Bipolar Bear?' ", stated South, her steel gray orb mesmerizing me. I was honest to Theta shocked. " I'd love to!", I blurted, and I was sure there was a massive blush on my face. South's eye lit up with happiness and she gave one of the biggest smiles That I've ever seen. My heart rate rose and Omicron came out asking, "I-is everyt-thing alright? Your heart raise rose, Partner." South put on her helmet and said "We'll meet up at six o'clock." I nodded and then said to Omicron, "Everything's fine. My heart rate rose because of me actually getting a date with Agent South Dakota." Omicron nodded and went back into my head. 

"Hey, Alaska.", muttered South as she left the room. I looked over and almost died. South was swaying her hips a bit more than necessary. I quickly looked away as she gave a short, hearty chuckle. 'I am seriously one lucky son of a bitch.', I thought to myself. "What's a l-lucky son of a b-bitch?", asked Omicron. I froze. "Don't worry about it Omicron.", I replied. "Go time. I better round up the guys and tell them to be wary of imposters.", I muttered to myself. "Oh, too bad for you because we've already made over move, dumbass.", said an unfamiliar voice. I turned and saw, quite literally, myself looking at me- only, the armor was definitely different. My imposter had a helmet like Carolina's, and the visor was the standard orange that every UNSC SPARTAN armor came with. His chestplate had an image of a combat knife in orchid purple and there were little to no ice-blue accents. "You know, you got my armor and color scheme wrong, right?", I asked. My imposter's arms, which had been crossed over his chestplate just under the orchid purple combat knife, drooped to his sides. "You're not even the slighted bit pissed about the whole 'me taking your armor colors and somewhat same armor'?", he asked shocked. 

I arched a brow behind my helmet as I said, "To me, Mimicry is Flattery and I won't say to stop it. Why? 'Cause the work I put out, you couldn't do in your lifetime." He growled in anger as he threw a right hook at me. I ducked as Omicron started doing calculations on where will he be and how to prevent "Scary Situations"(Her own words) from happening. I sweeped his legs out from under him and muttered "Do a Barrel Roll!". I did exactly that as he tried to kick my legs out so that he could, eventually, land a few good punches on my helmet covered face. I landed in the hallway connecting the Training Floor and Recovery One. 

I smirked behind my helmet as I planted my boots firmly on the floor of the ship and let random punches fly as he charged me. 'I wonder if I could do a KO Uppercut like Little Mac on Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U?', I randomly thought as he jumped back. "I-i think s-so.", answered Omicron as she enlarged on my shoulder. I gave a wickedly innocent smile behind my helmet. "Let's test that theory.", I said nonchalantly. As soon as my would be imposter came within arms length, I had Omicron reduce the force of my blow by a lot so that I wouldn't kill him and gave him a nice broken jaw to remember me by. Omicron held onto my shoulder as I gave the uppercut. "T-that was... s-somewhat pleasing.", whispered Omicron.

"Don't, Omicron. I know what would happen if you try to hurt other people."

"What w-would that b-be?"

"You'd become a monster hunting anyone and everyone that had an AI to add to your power."

Omicron gasped.

" I'd be no better than the Counselor!", she exclaimed in realization. I simply nodded. I walked over to a intercom phone station and said "Good afternoon everyone, Alaska here, and I have an announcement for the Freelancers. Stay sharp for imposters!" I hung up the broken intercom station and muttered "I need to get someone to fix that. I sounded like Doc there." Omicron just went into the recess of our shared mind. 'Don't hurt yourself in there, ok?', I thought to Omicron. I didn't get a response. "Awesome.", I said in resignation to no one.

(The Director, his personal room)

Dr.Lenard Church had, quite literally, come out of the shower and wrapped a grey towel around his waist when he heard what was said on the intercom. "Fuck.", he cursed to his reflection. He had a six pack of abs that were honed from many years of working out. His muscles weren't as big as a muscle builder's, but came close.

 Why would the good doctor curse as he was getting ready for his date with his daughter? He saw Allison on the bed in the mirror. 'I wish that it wasn't an illusion.', he thought. He ignored the illusion of his dead wife and quickly put on a pair of boxers that were red. He then put on jeans with his usual belt and then put on a simple black tee-shirt. He brushed his teeth and threw on his glasses. He nodded, 'It's go time.' He put on a pair of blue, black, and white sneakers after he put on a pair of ankle length socks. "I'm ready.", he stated to no one. He turned and saw the illusion of Allison smile and nod happily. His mouth held a ghost of a smile.