Chapter 4

How is it? Honestly, how is this story?

__________________________________________________________________

Carolina looked around the room. It wasn't exactly clean, then again it wasn't exactly messy either. Books of different lengths and thickness littered the floor here and there. A twenith century television was hooked up on the wall to the right. Under it was a makeshift television stand that hand random papers stacked on a master volume control, and a DVD player right next to it. A hamper full of, presumably, dirty clothes in a far corner. She stood in the middle of the room, with a bed behind her and a messy bedside table right next to it. Something on the bedside table caught her eye.

nothing fancy, in fact it was a small, black rectangular object. Carolina picked it up. She flipped it around and saw an edge. she carefully peeled it back, and heard velcro making the telltale sound of it being pulled from a cloth surface. Then she saw the other edge and pulled that back as well.

Carolina realized that she just found their mystery intruder's wallet. she looked at the credit card pockets and took everything out. she found four school ID cards with a name. and a Learner's Driving License. Carolina's hand went to her comms earpiece and said into it "North, come in North." she only had to wait a moment before she heard his reply as she walked out of the bedroom. "This is North, I read you Carolina. What do you need? Over." "I need you to see if you can find anything on a Christian Brackenridge. Over." The comms earpiece had static before "I read you loud and clear. I'll get started straight away, Over." Carolina smiled under her helmet. "Thanks, North." , she said. "Your welcome Carolina".

Carolina just got to the Director's office when she heard "What the hell is with this box?! why can't I open it?!" Carolina walked in and saw a sight that she never thought she'd ever see. Alpha turning red in anger and frustration. "Well, don't look at me dumbass, I just followed my orders to bring the damn box here.", South muttered. "Alpha, that's enough. Agent South Dakota, you are dismissed." The director said while making a hand gesture to South. "Yes sir!" South walked out and went towards the mess hall. "Have you found anything, Carolina?" "Just a name, sir. Along with a Date of Birth. I have North Dakota working on finding any information as we speak." The Director nodded slowly. "What is our guest's name?"

"his name is Christian Brackenridge, sir."

It was a moment of silence before Carolina said with respect " I'd like to be there when you question him with Alpha, sir." The Director looked at his daughter. he studied her body language for a moment and answered with finality " Only as a guard in case he tries something hostile. Is that understood, Carolina?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" Carolina snapped to attention. "Then you're dismissed agent." She turned around and walked out of the office and went in the direction of the Training Floor to let out some frustration. It's been a long day.