Chapter 28

hey everyone, so here I was completely bored out of my mined when all of a sudden I get kidnapped by rabbid fan-people and they tried to kill me for some unknown reason! what'd I do? I bullshit you not, I ran and screamed like a little bitch with them chasing me before the Meta killed them. Why? I have no clue... maybe he wants to kill me myself? Oh god... cue heart sinking into my ass now. On that pleasant note, enjoy the chapter and please, by all means let me know how you- yes, you- liked the chapter. bai-bai!

____________________________________________________________________________________

(North, Bipolar Bear)

North was just getting to the Bipolar Bear along with Maine and York. "This is your part-time job?", asked York, his voice the very definition of shocked. North took off his helmet as he opened the door to let York and maine in with a smirk and said, "Yeah, it is, and you wouldn't believe just who's coming tonight." Maine tilted his head in confusion as he and York walked in.

 North closed the door and they saw people from what looked to be every known planet that the UNSC discovered. Maine then saw something that shocked him to his core. It was an Elite with an Energy Sword handle on his thigh and a shotgun in his hands. His armor was an ice-blue with orchid purple and pale green accents. His eyes were a midnight black and his mouth was open at four different places, and all four opening were lined with razor-sharp teeth fit for a metal sword of the twentieth century. On his hands were claws that wouldn't look out of place a demon. Maine growled cautiously at the Elite. He remembered the War with the Covenant, it seemed. "Hey, don't worry Maine, he employed by Owner as a security guard for the place.", North said, vouching for the former enemy of Humanity. 

The Elite Walked over and asked in a deep voice, almost as if unused to speaking in an Human Tongue, "I see some of our Honored Guests have arrived, Nathan." North gave an uneasy smile, his stormy grey eyes lit with mischief. York spun around to North. "Nathan?", The tan brown lockpicker of the Freelancers inquired. North ran a hand through his neatly combed over platinum blond hair. "It's my name for my part time job here, York. Oh, I need to help get this place ready for Owner!", North, now named Nathan, said, "Ethan here will show you to a VIP table." 

He gestured to the Elite as he ran off. York and Maine looked at the Elite as people ran around cleaning, decorating, and perfecting the casual style restaurant. The Elite looked at the two Freelancers. "So, Your name's Ethan?", asked York. Maine and the Elite looked at him before the Elite sighed.

(York and Maine, Bipolar Bear)

"I was adopted by a Human couple after the Covenant-Human war. I was, what you humans would call a teenager at the time.", answered Ethan as he led the two Freelancers down a short hallway and into an open area. Maine mewled at the karaoke in front of a set of winding downward stairs. Ethan arched a non-existent brow and asked, " I've noticed that he doesn't speak. Is there a reason for that?" 

York looked at Maine, which prompted Maine to nod his head- a signal of consent from him. York said "Maine was a soldier for a long time. He served in the Insurrection period and a little before that time. He's the only survivor of a Planet Glassing- he was picked up by a UNSC ship a little bit after he was tortured by a Covenant Elite. The Elite took his vocal cords and used them to learn how to speak the Human Language and was put back in his throat, too ruptured to speak except growl or other guttural sounds... according to what the Director has told the rest us." Ethan looked at Maine and muttered, "I have respect for your bravery and strength." Maine gave a raspy chuckle. York smiled behind his helmet. 'I suppose that is rather amazing isn't it?', York thought. 

They stopped in front of a door that said 'Changing Room' on the far side of the open area. Ethan said, "Maine, you go in and get changed first." Maine nodded, walked through the door and closed the door behind him. York looked around. Almost everywhere he looked there was some kind of window, giving a feel of a truly open space. There were tables for two, tables for fours, round tables and a circle bar in a corner to the far right. 

There was another level, it seemed, but strangely enough, the red ceiling looked almost like, "Glass?", York whispered. Ethan smiled-well as a Elite could and said "It's more like a sheet in between the ceiling and the floor of the next level." York whistled. "That's an impressive gimmick." Ethan nodded. On the walls were Portraits of the Freelancers. 'Wait. The Freelancers?', He thought surprised. Sure enough, there was a portrait of every Freelancer that he knew personally with a nameplate under the, rather well done, painting of them. 

The frames were the same as their primary and secondary colors in a two-tone type of way. "They're all custom done for Owner by Nathan and Watson.", Ethan answering York's unanswered question. York just nodded dumbstruck. He stated, "You seem to talk about this 'Owner' pretty highly." Ethan nodded and replied, "He was the only one who offered me a place to stay, food to eat, and a job that I feel is too generous for me." York looked at Carolina's portrait. She was in her usual hand to hand combat pose in, what looked to be, training with himself watching over her in the Observation Deck with a cup of coffee and a small smile playing on his own lips.

"I know how that feels. It was kind of the same way when I met Agent Carolina."

They both stood there in silence before York asked, "Mind if I ask who 'Owner' is?" Ethan just thought and said amusedly, 'All I'll say is that Owner is closer to you than you think.' York shrugged. He'd found out eventually. He didn't know just how right he was.

(Washington, Bipolar Bear)

Wash just wrapped a towel around his waist as he came out of a steamy shower. He looked in the mirror and frowned. He had a nice body, according to the many females that caught him before he ran to the changing room in embarrassment. He had a six pack of supposedly "rock-hard" abs on his guts. He had muscles fit for speed- like that of a Puma or a Cheetah. His hair was dyed midnight black except for a streak of naturally sun-kissed blond hair that went from the left to the right from the front to back, making a slash in his hair. He wanted it all dyed midnight black, but C.T. thought it would have looked better like how it was now. 'Maybe I should ask what Iowa thinks of it.', he thought to himself as he put of a sleeveless muscle shirt that was black and yellow in a honeycomb fashion. He then put on a pair of red and black boxers that had an outline of an Omega wolf howling. He put on slightly baggy cargo shorts and socks that covered his ankles. He put on sneakers that, surprisingly enough, had steel toes.

 He looked at his reflection in the mirror again. His eyes were a grass green, and he had a rather button like nose, like a rabbit's' nose (His father said that he came from a long line of people with this type of nose. Wash didn't know if his dad was lying or not to this day still.), and his mouth curled into a devious smile. "It. Is. Time. For. Pranking!", he exclaimed with glee, choosing his first target of the night carefully as he walked out of the combined changing and shower room. It was literally in his part-time job description.

 He'd put on a show for Owner. "This is going to be fun.", he stated. As he walked by the actual restaurant area, he saw York and Ethan. He hummed in happiness. He had his first two targets for the night. "Hey, Watson! We could use some help getting ready for Owner to be here with his date tonight!", an excited waitress said to Washington, now named Watson. "Sure, I'll be right there!", He said to the waitress.