Chapter 13

Part 1 of 3- Hand to hand combat simulation Round! Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Maine,Observation Deck)

The kid didn't move. he almost literally flew. Agent Manie hadn't seen anyone in all his years of fighting in war move like the kid. He wasn't Christian Brackenridge down there, taking the targets down two by two. he was a vicious animal that was out for blood. Maine whimpered, whimpered! Everyone else- along with Maine- had taken off their helmets. Most, like York, were had their faces set in horrified shock. Some, like Texas had a look of interest. 

Maine himself was... scared. South, for whatever, had a look of interest and... lust? Maine didn't know. "Round over", said Alpha robotically, "Kid's time is... WHAT THE FUCK?! T-thirty-five seconds?!" Everyone eyes had widened in shock. What South and Wash said rang true, it seemed, 'He's the unknown. He's bound to surprise us.' Alpha continued, "Carolina's time is.. one minute." Alpha's voice seemed to echo through the Observation Deck and the Training Floor. "Wait... I won?", asked the kid. Maine looked down at the main area. 

Surprisingly enough, it was the kid. Christian. Not that... Monster. He through his helmet off onto the floor and started to run around the area and scream out "Holy shit! I did it!" Carolina looked at the Director and he said over the intercom, "Mr.Brackenridge, please pull yourself together. It's time for the paintball round." The kid nodded. He picked his helmet off of the floor and put it back on. 

York had come down with Christian, probably to give him some pointers. the kid kept on nodding his head, and York seemed like he ran out of pointers. Maine was surprised that someone actually listened to him. Maine gave a confused growl. "He said that he appreciated every bit of advice that I gave him, Maine. It was the weirdest feeling.", York told Maine. South scoffed. She looked at the kid with that look in her eye. She also ran her tongue around her lips.

 Maine had one thought: 'Kid, I don't know what you have, but South wants whatever it is. Bad.'