Chapter 10

Here's the newest one. enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________

"I'm sorry?", I asked as I was approached by C.T., South, Carolina, and Tex. "We want you to pick one of us to fight on the Training Floor.", Tex said with more than a little bit of irritation in her voice. I muttered, "This is payback for the video. I just know it." They all nodded. Figures that I'm right. I sighed and sized them all up.

C.T., being the first, was a bit more on the stealthy side, almost like a ninja with her chocolate brown with white accented modified UNSC ODST armor and star wars storm trooper like helmet. But, the thing was that she was a spy. I knew that for a fact. So everything that I did against her-hand to hand, gun fight, etc, would just get reported to that one boyfriend dude. So in long ass summary short: C.T. was a no go in a fight.

Tex was also a no go. ... Do I have to explain this? To quote F.L.I.S.S "Agent Tex is a bit of a badass." So, yeah... not gonna get my ass kicked by the chick who is most likely to kick my ass. South wasn't even an option. I liked her- who the hell would try to kick the ass of the one they liked? Not this guy. So My only choice was Carolina, The best of the best.Oh, this was going to suck.  "I'll fight Agent Carolina. On the condition that I may use an unassigned armor and equipment. Is that acceptable?", I said after about ten minutes of weighing my options. "That is perfectly acceptable, Mr.Brackenridge, as you are so graciously letting us watch these DVDs of yours.", the Director interjected.

The women and I were surprised. This was...Unusual, for the Director to be so open about this. "Is this one of your little... "Experiments", Director?", I asked. he gave a small, sly smile and said "That depends... are you still willing to fight Agent Carolina?"

"Yes."

"There's your answer, Mr.Brackenridge."

I groaned. "I will discuss the arrangements with Agent Carolina and all of the other Freelancers."I nodded and muttered "we can fight at one o'clock Carolina." I walked away from the Theatre room, going in the direction of what I thought was my room but ended up at the Mess Hall. Great, No money, and I realize that I'm as hungry as hell. "Hey, kid!" I heard, and saw York waving me over. Must have talked with the Director already.

I saw him, North, and three others as I power walked over to them. The first one that I saw of the trio was Agent Washington. He had black armor with yellow accents on his forearms, shoulders, outer thighs, and his helmet's 'forehead'. His visor was orange. We shook hands as York said "Wash, this is our mystery intruder, kid this is Agent Washington." "Everyone just calls me Wash, kid.", Wash said with a bit of exasperation. I didn't say anything as the memories of when he was first introduced into Red vs Blue came to mind.

"Hello old chap, care to listen to a knock knock joke?" was Wyoming's british sounding voice broke me out of my thoughts. I looked at him. He had plain white armor with a orange visor. Like York, nothing fancy. I said politely "I'm sorry Wyoming, but I don't. Furthermore, I don't like you. It's classified, since it pertains to the DVDs as to why I don't like you." The three were startled, they weren't expecting that kind of response from me, I suppose. The five of us heard a growl from behind me. "Hello to you too, Agent Maine.", I said without looking. Now the three were surprised. "How...?", asked Wash. "The DVDs.", I answered his unfinished and unspoken question. I turned around and glanced at Maine. He had a big, hulking visage, with a helmet that had his orange visor cover his face and the top of his head. He had white armor, like Wyoming, but he had a single brown stripe on one of his arms.

He held his hand out to me. I took it and we shook hands. My honest feelings? I felt like a boss. he then put a sandwich down in front of me along with a banana. "Thank you, Maine... It was my stomach growling, wasn't it?", I asked. Maine nodded.

F.L.I.S.S.'s voice came over the intercom, "Mr.Brackenridge, The Director wants to see you."

Well, It's Showtime, I suppose. I took the food with me as the guys said "goodbye." I replied by saying "I hate goodbyes. So, here's what I'll say to you: See you later." I smiled as I walked in the general direction of Lenard's office.