chapter 11

Ready? i'll admit, I got a bit lazy since it's kind of late. enjoy anyways!

__________________________________________________________________

(With the Director and Christian, fifty minutes until the big fight)

The Director was a thorough planner. Be it a birthday party or a fight on the Training Floor, he knew to take variables into account. This wasn't any different. He talked with all of his agents on the leaderboard. From their guest, Mr.Brackenridge, they wanted to see what he could be good at already. From Carolina... they were all expecting her to, in their own words, 'turn his ass into grass'. Christian finally came in. "Ah, you've finally made, Mr.Brackenridge.", Lenard remarked. Christian nodded. "So, what are we going to be doing?", he asked. the Director liked that about him. straight to the point without being a kiss ass. "We will be going over the hand to hand combat simulation drill that Carolina is fond of as well as paintball, and a single round of weapons. then there will be an hour break for you two to rest off and get ready for your fight with Agent Carolina." the Director explained. Christian nodded silently for a moment before saying "I don't want anyone to interfere or for Carolina to go easy on me. just tell her to imagine that she's facing against Agent Texas. I want to test myself." The Director nodded and said "It will be done. Now, let's go over your new armor colors, shall we?" Christian just gave a small smile.

(With Carolina, thirty minutes later)

Tex said "This kid is a civilian. It should be easy to turn his ass into grass, so why are you worried?" Carolina winced. She said "For all we know Tex, he could be a damn good soldier and we don't know it."

"It's not like he went through a year of that old recruitment program years ago... ah, that ROTC thing."

"You don't know that Tex."

Tex just shook her head. South was staring down at the Training Floor. For some reason this guy was fascinating her, and that didn't really sit right with her. The kid had only been on the ship for a few weeks!

"Hell-o, Mother of Invention to South, Mother of Invention to South", C.T.'s voice broke through her train of thought. South gave the woman an irritated look. "What?", she asked sharply. "I asked what you thought the kid might choose as his equipment." South was confused, why ask her what she thought when it would probably be better to ask York? "I don't know. right now, he's the one that's the unknown. He's bound to surprise us.", South said as her attention was then turned to the guys filing in. "That's what I said, South.", stated  Wash. Carolina turned to him in surprise. "You and South thinking the same thing? The end of the galaxy must have come." Everyone gave a chuckle, or in Maine's case a hearty rasp. Don't ask how that made any sense because Carolina didn't know.

"Agent Carolina, please come down to the Training Floor. It's time to mop the floor.", said Alpha as his hologram came to life in the room. Carolina nodded. "Well, I'm off." everyone stood at attention. Including Texas, which was... surprising to say the least since Tex didn't salute to anyone. Not even the Director. As she came in from the women's locker room, she saw someone new that she'd never seen before. The person was male, with white armor that had ice blue accents, just like Wash's armor. His visor was a strange choice. Orchid purple. "Who are-" was all Carolina was able to get out because then the Director's voice came on over the Training Floor's intercom, "I hope, Mr.Brackenridge, that you're satisfied with your armor." The person across from her stretched a bit and nodded. 'What the fuck? That's the kid?', thought Carolina in surprise. This certainly made the field more even.