Chapter 17

Here's the 17th. In honesty, I've worked on this for two days... you wouldn't believe how tiring it can be to play a video over and over just to get words right. Most excurciating three minutes and forty-four seconds of my life. Also I may have a word wrong in the warthog scene. forgive me for that and... Please enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________________

(South, few weeks after the fight)

It was the most gossipped topic on the Mother of Invention. Her new partner, Agent Alaska, beat one of the best, despite having no prior battle experience on the battlefield. If that's what he could do without any sort of training, just how deadly could he be to the enemy with training? That was the thought that plauged her mind for the past few weeks. 

The missions have slowed down- by a lot. The reasons, South assumed, was because there was still more of those DVDs to watch. She didn't know why but she felt that they were pretty important. When she asked the others, York, Wash, Maine and the rest, they all felt the same way. Her eyes narrowed at Alaska as he walked in. He was in Recovery One mainly for rest. 

It was like he just overdid it in the fight. She sighed. "Alright, I know that me fighting Carolina was a bit exciting, but, there still is a lot of episodes to watch. So, this morning we will watch one episode, and if you want we can watch another tonight. Any questions or complaints?", Christian explained. "Yeah, I do. Why the hell does every freelancer feel that these DVDs are so goddamned important?", South asked impatiently. 

Alaska turned to her and said, "If they feel important, then that means we're moving in the right direction. I don't know why you or the other agents feel that way, South, but it's a good thing. I promise you." He turned to the Director and saluted. The director nodded and said "Take a seat, Alaska. F.I.L.S.S, play DVD one, episode two."

The kid sat down next to South and she smirked, her pale ice blue eyes alight with some happiness. see turned to see that C.T. was on her partner's left. South growled softly.

"Yes, Director."

The Freelancers all looked to the screen. Then Maine growled softly when he saw Sarge, Personally, South thought that almost everyone was a dick on either team.

"Hurry up, Ladies, this ain't no ice cream social!", Sarge barked to Grif and Simmons as they marched to Sarge.

"Ice cream social?", asked Wash.

"Ice cream social?", asked Simmons as he and Grif looked at each other.

"Well, maybe we should send Wash to the Reds and Blues, eh?", South quipped. Everyone- Wash included- chuckled.

"Stop the filler talk, you two", Sarge looked at them both, "Anyways, now, take a guess why I gathered you here to-day."

"Uh... Is it because the war's over and you're sending us home?", Grif answered.

North shook his head. "Agent Alaska, do they really believe that they're at an actual war?

... Alaska?", The Director called out to Christian. South looked at him and he just sat there with a small sad smile on his face.

"That's exactly it, Private, wars' over. We won. Turns out you're the big hero, we're going to hold a parade in your honor. I get to drive the float... and Simmons here is in charge of confetti!", Sarge said sarcastically.

"I'm no stranger to sarcasm, Sir.", Grif replied.

"Ok, seriously, Sarge is a dick.", said Wash. South was about to chime in but everyone heard Christian say "He gets better. They all do... except for maybe Caboose." South thought, 'Who's Caboose again?'