Chapter 23

Hey everyone! I have nothing to say except enjoy this chapter, mmkay?

____________________________________________________________________________________

(The Director and Alaska, Director's Office)

The Director was, for the second time in his life, a nervous wreck. He didn't know how Alaska would take the news that he had for Alaska. "I've been matched with the AI fragment, haven't I?", asked Alaska calmly. The Director didn't know if him being calm was a good sign necessarily, but he was glad that Alaska brought that up first because that was the hardest piece of news that he had to date. "Yes.", Lenard answered resignedly, "I'm sorry that this happened. If I had known-"

"It's alright, boy-o. Something like this was bound to happen. I just didn't expect it to be so soon after I arrived. So, is there anything else that you wanted?"

"Yes. I was wondering if you could get Carolina and I a reservation at the Bipolar Bear?"

Alaska took off his helmet and gave a small innocent smile. "I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean, Director. I can try to contact the owner and see if there's an opening. after all, I can't quite seem to remember the number... Was it 555-564-001? or something else?" Christian scratched his head with an armored covered gloved hand. The director smiled. He quickly wrote the number down on a sticky note and said, "Well, that is very unfortunate. Maybe you get the owner on the first call?"

"Maybe. I'll let you know when I get the call."

With that, Christian put on his helmet and broke into a wide grin behind it. 'Oh, this'll be good.", he thought. "One more thing. We have an Agent completing her mission on an far-off planet as we speak. I'd like for you to get along with her, if possible."

"Oh? what's this agent's designation?"

"Agent Iowa. She started around the same time as Agent Washington, and I'm thinking of pairing them up as I have with you and agent South Dakota." Alaska blushed behind his helmet. The Director continued, "Also, do you think I should pair up agents Carolina and New York?"

"Yes!", shouted Alaska. Dr.Church looked taken aback. Alaska cleared his throat and he corrected himself, "Uhm, that is to say, they'd work very well together, sir." Lenard Church nodded. "You're dismissed, then Alaska." He nodded and left the Director of Project Freelancer and the father of Agent Carolina to the silence of his office.

 'I wish you were here to give me some advice... Allison.', he thought as he picked up a picture off of his desk. There was a smiling dirty blonde haired woman with mesmerizing honey hazel eyes. He smiled lovingly at the picture. It was one of the only things he had left of her.

(Christian theater)

I sat in the darkness of the theatre for the DVDs. I had my eyes closed as I had my head up at the ceiling. I didn't mind the darkness much- It felt a bit like a second home. 'Agent Iowa, huh? I guess that would make sense since the other Freelancers were never mentioned.' Someone opened the door and asked, "What are you doing here, in the dark?" they turned on the lights and I opened my eyes to see Carolina sitting next to me. I answered, "The dark doesn't bother me much is all."

"Right... I want to know one thing. Please." I arched a brow, Carolina was never the one to try to be polite.

"Shoot."

"What are you trying to prevent from happening?"

"How do you know I am trying to?"

"I had a dream last night with someone named 'Theta'. He said to help you to the best of my ability to prevent something terrible from happening."

I was shocked. Theta's asking Carolina to back me up? That was new, but not unwelcome. I sighed. "Take off your helmet. They record all conversations, or so I've heard from your father." She nodded and took her helmet it off. "Let's see... where to begin?", I wondered aloud.

"You could start with the DVDs." I chuckled and it turned into full blown laughter.

"I suppose I could! Alright, here's what you need to know- and I've told the Director this as well.", she stiffened and nodded stiffly, "The DVDs are the key to preventing a terrible future that will end with just two of you alive... maybe three." She looked shocked. My helmet shook in the chair to my left. "I'm sorry Carolina, but I have to take this call- can you wait here?", I asked. Carolina just nodded her head. I sighed and thought one thing:

'I think I may have to explain this two more times... Wash and this.... 'Iowa'. '