chapter 14

Here's part 2 of 3. Probaly another rushed chapter, but please, understand that I was babysitting and working on it at the same time. It's not a nice or good combo.

____________________________________________________________________________________

(With Christian gathering ammo)

I honestly don't know what came over me in the first round. Everything was blank after my fist hit that first target. "Hey, kid. That was a pretty scary simulation round.", said York as he walked up. I turned to him while cocking the pistol that I had and said "You think that's scary? Try not being able to remember what happened. " York said " Seriously? Well, here's my advice on this next round: conserve ammo." I nodded, and York continued with "Also, shoot only when you're sure you've got a clear shot.", I nodded again.

 "The key here is not to be seen. Now, I'm not sure if you know this, but Carolina has a camouflage unit and a speed unit. Be careful." I nodded once more and said "Thanks, York, I appreciate all the advice you've given me." I walked off as Alpha's voice came over the intercom." Round two will begin shortly...Combatants, get your asses on the arena."

(Carolina, paintball floor)

The kid was something else entirely during that hand to hand combat simulation. It scared and intrigued her at the same time. Carolina had grabbed everything that she could.... which meant all of the ammo that she could. "Round two will begin shortly...Combatants, get your asses on the arena. ", said Alpha. The kid came out. It was showtime.

(With South in the Observation Deck)

South was surprised. She didn't think the kid had that much skill at fighting. The way he moved... excited her for some reason. As she watched him come out, he took off his helmet again. "I wasn't expecting him to be such an accomplished soldier- for being a civilian, I mean." came the Director's voice. She didn't care much, but she looked into his eyes after he shook hands with Carolina.

 They turn into icebergs in a blizzard... that was happening in the Ice Age. 'That's kind of... hot.', South thought to herself, 'wait, 'hot'? the hell is wrong with me?' South saw him put his helmet back on and heard "Round Two initiating in Three...", South felt anticipation to see what else the kid had up his sleeve. "...Two..." South let out a surprised gasp as she and everyone else saw Christian and Carolina holding not one, but two pistols, locked and loaded for a big shootout... which, in a way, it was. She turned to North, her brother, and asked "What the hell is going on? Aren't each person given just one pistol- as per protocol?" 

Now, everyone knew that South didn't care much for protocol, but it was strange. "...One..." North just shrugged. Of course he didn't know. South turned back to the paintball round. "...Start!", Alpha exclaimed. 

They both shot to the middle. Carolina made the first move by camouflaging herself to match the color of the small pillars that littered the floor. The kid just stood there, as if waiting for something. He turned around and fired a single shot forward. Eyes widened when they saw Carolina's camouflage unit go down as soon as she got a facefull of paintball bullet. he then shot two more places. Carolina's legs.

(Carolina, Paintball arena)

It happened so quick. One moment, she was camouflaged and about to shoot the kid in the back of his head, but then he turned around and shot her face in almost cold blood. Her unit went down and then she felt it. The little bastard shot her legs. She didn't know how he knew where she was, but if he want to play hardball, then he'll get hardball.

(Christian, Paintball arena)

All I heard was Alpha exclaiming "Start!", and then rushing to the middle of the arena. Once there I stopped and listened. I was surprised to hear quiet footfalls behind me. So, I did what was natural to me. I turned and fired one of my pistols. Carolina's camouflage unit went down and had a head full of paintball unit. 

It made no sense- but I pointed both of my pistols at her legs. then, what happened next I knew was going to get me in hot water with Carolina. I shot her legs.

 "R-round two over... Point, Christian.", came Alpha's voice shakily over the intercom, "Now there will an hour rest and preparation period." I bolted out of the Training Floor and into the combined locker room that was for the agents on the Leaderboard. 

"That was impressive, kid.", said a voice. I looked in front of me and saw South.