Chapter 16

Here's part 3 of 3 of Alaska(Christian) and Carolina's big fight. I tried to make it as big as possible, so please let me know if it's any good or not.

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Alpha, Mother of Invention's systems)

Christian and Carolina had a stare off. Alpha, who was in the ship's systems calculated the chances for a fight to break out. Surprisingly enough, the chances of a fight breaking out were lower than they would be if Christian was truly pissed, or in front of an enemy that he thought could be a threat. "Carolina, Alaska, stand down. Your Weapons Round is starting as soon as you both pick one and get on the Floor.", Lenard said after everyone came in. The two kept on staring off and Alpha saw a holographic Alaskan Wolf coming from Christian, while a holographic grizzly bear come from Carolina. Both were baring their fangs at the other. Alpha felt scared at the two. Alaska walked out calmly, with Carolina following angrily. "Director?", Alpha said, "I'm kind of scared if those two ever considered the other a threat to be neutralized." The Director had his face set in a grimace and said " ...Alpha, that will never happen. Even if it did, then the Mother of Invention would be torn apart- the same way it would if Carolina and Texas considered each other enemies." Everyone was shocked yet again, and they were starting to get annoyed by that.

Then they saw Carolina come out on the left side with her personal favorite- an electric baton. Christian came out a minute later... with two combat knives. "The hell? Is he trying to copy me?", asked C.T. referring to the fact that her personal weapon was a combat knife.

South leaned over the control board and shrugged. She just looked intently at the floor. 'damn... this is a fucking Clash of the Best of their respective fields... One, martial arts and ranged guns, the other a close ranged combat specialist.', Alpha thought with exasperation. "Round initiating in-", was all Alpha could get out before the Director said "Program Alpha, skip initiate sequence, Director-level directive."

"Directive confirmed. Round Three: Weapons, Begin."

Alaska shot forward, combat knives in each hand. He back pedaled as an electric baton swung down, nearly hitting his helmet. He flipped one knife- the one in his right hand- so that he was holding the blade in his hand, Like those guys that use Throwing Knives. He was running on adrenaline and instincts, so yeah, one could say that he was on his toes. Alpha was surprised that he was even moving with how fast and hard he was going at Carolina with.

(Carolina, in Round)

The kid was fast and strong, Carolina would- she had to give him that. After she almost hit him, though, he started seeing multiple versions of the kid. She swung at them randomly, not even caring about finding the real one. "Having trouble Carolina?", she heard from what seemed to be everywhere. Oh wait, the helmets had those new megaphones built in. shit. He could be anywhere.

She immediately turned on her Camouflage and her Speed units at the same time and plowed through wave upon wave of holograms.

An arm clotheslined her and her body flailed about as she did a backflip and landed on her back, her baton on the other side of the Training Floor. "You know, you really need to slow down against someone who uses holograms or something similar to cause misdirection, like I just did.", He said. She growled and popped up. He threw the knife and it got embedded into her shoulder. Carolina cried out in pain.

(Alaska, in Round)

'Damn, I got so close to getting FUCKED UP! I'm going to need to use the hologram unit after all, I suppose.', I thought as I dodged the electric baton. I turned on my hologram unit and two holographic projections appeared. Then, they multiplied by hundred for every hologram taken out by Carolina. It was playing out almost like the Carolina vs Tex army scene, only the Reds and Blue weren't coming to help her out.

I actually stayed in one place, putting one combat knife in the slot that I had on my left calf and toyed with the other one. Carolina fell for the old intimidation tactic, the one where the enemy's voice seemed to be everywhere. "You know, you really need to slow down against someone who uses holograms or something similar to cause misdirection, like I just did.", I said after I clotheslined her with my right arm. When she popped up from the floor, my hand felt lighter. Carolina cried out in pain as she fell back to the floor, her baton fying to the other side of the Training Floor. "Holy shit!", I heard a grunt soldier in white standard ODST armor said to another.

I ignored it and those who broke out whispering as I walked to Carolina. "Sorry, Carolina, but maybe next time when we have a chance to spar again.", I whispered in her ear as I gripped her chestplate. She shoved me off and got back up while pulling out the combat knife and held it in reverse grip. She hopped on the balls of her toes as I silently got my other combat knife out, in the same grip. In my eyes, as she charged me, I saw flashes of her fighting York and Tex as she used the very same moves on me. when her foot came up, I caught it, and cut her thigh.

Carolina hissed in pain. She caught my arm, as I tried to punch her, and cut that while i hissed in pain myself. It went on for what seemed to be literal hours. We cut, slashed, stabbed, and finally took off each other's helmets off. Her blood red hair and my reddish brown hair was matted down due to the sweat. We circled each other as we caught our breath. It was almost like we were the perfect counters for the other. Our eyes met, and I knew that I had to make one last final shot to take down the best of the best. I finally was able to kick off that Grappling Gun from her hip and threw my knife into the wall. The crowd that was in the Observation Deck gasped in surprise." The fuck is he doing?!", someone shouted. "Shut up! It's the final move for both of them!", South shouted to that person. Or was it Wash? I didn't know but I spun around Carolina as she tried to make one more stab at me. She turned around, only to get pulled by her chestplate towards me by her own grappling gun. Her eyes widened in shock as my fist collided with her face, sending her skidding on the floor. As I panted heavily Alpha said "Round Three winner: Agent Alaska." 

I smiled as I then passed out as soon as I saw a medical team gather up Carolina to Recovery One.

I just beat the best freelancer ever produced, and I, by all accounts, should have lost.