CHAPTER - 25

things seem to change
But we're they really changing?
.

.

.

.

"Yu... U're getting a call from.... Unknown?"

"Give it to me"

The girl snatched the phone from her male friend and answered the phone. She frowned at no answer.

"Hello?"

She sighed and cut the call due to the lack of reply. She guessed it as an accidently placed call.

"Who was it?"

Asked the brown haired boy who initially had the phone

"I don't know Gyu... No one actually spoke anything."

"Hmm... Probably an accident"

"Yeah... I think so too"

She sat down on the grass field again and started munching on her sandwich. It was lunch break so both Beomgyu and Yuri decided to have their lunch in the garden. Taehyun and choerry were in the library doing some assignment and jeongyeon was absent leaving both of them alone. They didn't complain anyway. They enjoyed each other's company. Especially after the encounter at the park and the sleepover at Beomgyu's made them closer.

"Wake me up when break ends!"

Yuri lied down on the grass and closed her eyes. The boy just looked at her and chuckled at her actions. Cute.
He put his hand over her face blocking the sun directly hitting her face. Anyone looking from afar will think of them as a couple but they knew otherwise.

Yu-ri just closed her eyes breathing in the fresh air and in about 10 minutes the bell rang indicating their break is done.
The bell was loud enough to reach them.

"Panda... Wake up! Ms.Judy is gonna kill us if we are late for her lecture"

The said girl groaned and just shoved him away with her hands and turned her back on him. He looked at her in disbelief and began shaking her violently.

"Ughh you are insufferable"

The girl spit out before getting up. She was tired and her hair was messy. Beomgyu noticed this and let out a chuckle. He stretched out his arms and started setting Yuri's hair.

Oh boy. Yu-ri was internally dead by now. Not to be cliché or anything but blood rushed through her body in a way making her feel tingly and fuzzy. 

The culprit who caused this--once done setting her hair--moved away and gave her his infamous bear-like smile which radiated like the sun itself and within blinks, the girl was being dragged by her friend towards their campus building. They  sure are gonna get scolded by their teacher for joining the class late by almost 10 minutes...

As expected they were scolded and were asked to stand outside the class for 30 minutes--which was half of their class.

"This is all your fault!"

Beomgyu blamed, still panting from the little run they had

Yu-ri let out a scoff

"My fault? U woke me up late and suddenly started playing with my hair!"

"I woke you up immediately once the bell rang. You were the one who slept like a panda, snoring"

of course he ignored the second part of the girl's statement. He didn't know how to counter that. Should he just say 'Be thankful I straightened your hair out otherwise you would've looked like a chicken' when she can adjust her hair herself? or 'I just wanted to touch your soft hair and pet you cuz you looked cute'? NO. He'd rather burn his house.

"EXCUSE ME! I DON'T SNORE!"

Yuri spat clearly offended by the latter...

"Quite!!!" Shouted an angry Ms.Judy

Beomgyu sniffled a small laugh and ignored the daggers thrown at him. She sure is mad.

"Did you not sleep last night?"

The boy asked, trying to start a normal-not so loud conversation again.

"Sleep? Nope."

The girl replied in the most normal way she could, now facing the front.

"And why is that hmm?"

"Nothing much...Just couldn't sleep you know"

"What were you doing then?"

"Just thinking"

"Thinking bout what?"

"Ughhh you ask alot of questions! "

"Just answer them"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I'm an amazing friend and you have to spill shit before your head gets full"

Yuri let out a sigh and decided to just let it out knowing that the boy will be there for her. The thought itself made her tingly and warm.

"I-  it's just that I'm frustrated"

Beomgyu tilted his head at her words... Frustrated? What for?

"Is it cuz of the exam results...? Don't worry you probably did well"

"No... It's just not so nice at home ig... Anyway let's talk about smtg else hmm?? "

She quickly said trying to divert the topic not liking the direction it's going in...

Beomgyu caught the signal and just let her talk about her favourite show that she started watching

He would be counted as blind if he claimed that he didn't notice these sudden changes in her

Sudden mood changes
Diversion of topics
Fake laughs
Lying

Anyone with two eyes can tell that she wasn't the same person she used to be...

If only he knew what to do about it. He knows that he is incapable of doing so. Only her siblings can do something about it and he knew it.

He did try talking to her about it but Yuri always ignored the topic of her brothers not wanting to talk about them with anyone at this point...

What frustrates Yuri even more is that she doesn't know why she is like this. She doesn't know why she feels so distant. She doesn't know why she is ignoring the topic of her brothers.

Maybe she grew mature after all that happened? Maybe she started to see everything different now? Maybe she ain't that dumb naive kid anymore? Maybe it's the trauma?

She doesn't know. She tries her hardest to fight that one percent in her that want to know why she is like this and that is enough to crumble and frustrate her to an extinct where she doesn't even wanna talk or think about it.

But is it really in her control?
She couldn't control herself. All her sleepless nights were spent on overthinking and self questioning .

She definitely isn't a fan of it and neither are her companions

She involuntarily is hurting everyone who cares about her and that is the last thing she would ever want to do.

_💙_

I honestly don't know where the story is going

I'm changing the plot completely at this point

Hope it doesn't disappoint you all

I'm sorry :)(