Chapter 4 - Gratitude and Forgiveness

"W-wait!" She gasped softly, hugging him tightly. "Thank you... Thank you so much." She whispered, burying her head against his chest and sniffling softly. His face contorted in one of confusion for a moment, hesitating before wrapping his arms around her small body. "I-it's alright... I'm the one that ruined it in the first place. I've been a real jerk and I'm sorry. I just didn't trust you..." He mumbled, looking away as they embraced each other. She pulled back after a long moment and smiled softly, wiping her tear-stained cheeks and looking up at him. "I really want to get to know you."

     Her face was tinted with a soft red blush, looking away as she spoke to him and played with the bottom of her dress. She looked back up at him and covered her mouth, smiling brightly and laughing as he was a bright red as well. "Y-yeah... I suppose we should. I still don't trust you though!" He quickly added the last part to his sentence, looking away and frowning. Victoria nodded and smiled, waving to him and leaving his room, closing the door behind her.

    That was.... Interesting. I can't say I expected that. It... It was nice. In a way.

    She thought to herself, holding the dress close to her chest as she walked back to her room.

    Why did she hug me? I thought she hated me, she has every right to hate me. And yet, she's still so kind to me. I don't understand her. Maybe I will give this a chance. What harm could she do? I'll just keep a close eye on her.

    He thought to himself, feeling his face heating up as he thought of her. He didn't exactly understand how he was feeling, after all... He'd always shut everyone out, this wasn't something he was used to. It was a new feeling and it was rather nerve-wracking to experience a real interest in someone. He'd had relationships with people before, but not in this way. This was new, this wasn't a sexual thing. It was emotional as well. He couldn't say he didn't like it, it was interesting.

    God this feeling is so infuriating but god... It feels so good, I want more.

    He groaned softly and sat in his bed, running his hands through his hair and brushing it back out of his face. He laid back against his bed and let out a loud groan, looking up at the ceiling as he felt his heat up again. His hands ran gently over his soft skin, feeling the warmth radiate off of it as he thought about her. "You drive me crazy woman..."

    The next morning came around rather quickly, Victoria's mind racing as she sat up out of bed, quickly going for a shower and slipping into her mother's dress. "It's perfect..." She whispered, brushing her hand over the soft, velvety fabric, brushing it down neatly. She put her hair up in a neat braid, laying it over her shoulder and down her chest. She sighed happily and made her way down to the kitchen, humming softly and sitting down at the table after greeting the maids. Her attention turned towards Mateo as he came downstairs, his eyes trailing over her as she sat in her seat.

    That hot feeling rose in his cheeks again. "You look beautiful in that dress..." He muttered, avoiding eye contact as he looked at her, inspecting every inch of the dress and how it hugged her curves perfectly. He cleared his throat and sat down next to her, smiling softly and watching as the maids brought out their food, placing it in front of them.

    "Thank you," Victoria said thankfully, looking up at the maids with a bright smile. "You're welcome, ma'am." She's so beautiful... And polite, I don't understand. Why thank the maids? It's their job to serve us., their responsibility they're paid. And yet, she still thanks them. It confuses me. He thought, not realising he'd been staring at her for a while.

    "Mateo? Are you alright? You've been staring for a while..." She muttered, brushing her hand over his bright red face, feeling the heat radiating from him. "Oh my, you're quite hot. I think you may have a fever. I'll go get a cloth." She pushed her chair back and stood up, turning away from him. "No, no I'm fine. Please, sit. Eat."