Chapter 8 - Attention and Possession

The facility they arrived at was clearly a large and important event, from what Victoria could see, there were already so many important men and women present when she'd arrived. Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of the extravagant walls and flooring of the building; the way the light from the chandeliers bounced off the white walls and lit up the room perfectly.

    It was really a marvellous sight. She'd barely seen anything like it. Mateo glanced down at her and noticed her eyes lit up with amazement. He let out a soft chuckle and held onto her waist rather tightly, giving off a sense of possessiveness.

    Victoria's eyes wandered over the large walls and structures that filled the ballroom, the way people chatted and laughed amongst themselves. She held onto Mateo and hummed softly, walking around and taking in each and every little detail of everything around them. "Come on, Carinyo. Let's go." Mateo chuckled softly and led her away, towards a small group of men.

    Mateo called out someone's name, grinning as their attention was turned to him. Victoria watched as the men's blank faces shifted into wide grins as they saw Mateo, a small smile forming on her own lips as she saw this.

    She was glad she'd be meeting some of his friends, it'd definitely be an interesting way to learn about him and everything that he was interested in. Victoria hummed quietly and stayed by Mateo's side, holding onto his arm and listening to what his friends were saying until she eventually got bored.

    She let out a sigh and leaned up to whisper into Mateo's ear. "Can I go to the bar?" She whispered softly. Her face lit up with excitement and curiosity as Mateo said yes. She placed a soft kiss on his cheek and walked off, looking around and making her way to a bar. She purchased a few drinks and sipped them down, smiling and joking with the bartender for a while.

    People would occasionally buy her more drinks then storm off when she rejected going out with them, to which she couldn't help but laugh. She had drink after drink, smiling and speaking with anyone that spoke to her until one particular man took notice of her drunkenness.

    Victoria's attention was turned towards this stranger as he held his hand out to her, to which she took, thinking it was none other than Mateo himself. She giggled softly and followed him to the dance floor, her hips swaying with each individual step she took.

    The man had his hands all over Victoria's body, taking advantage of her intoxicated state and grinning wickedly at each gasp and sound she'd make.

    Mateo was minding his business, leaning against a wall in the booth area of the room and talking with one of his friends. The music was so loud that he had to shout in order to be heard. He took a sip of his drink, his eyes wandering away and focusing on Victoria. His breathing hitched slightly as he saw her talking with another man, her body language clearly indicating she was drunk.

    A surge of jealousy rushed over him, and he almost marched over to her, but was snapped back to reality as his friend shouted his name, asking him what he was looking at. "Nothing." He replied, turning his attention back to his friend, though it didn't stay for long. His eyes wandered back to Victoria, watching as the man put his hands all over Victoria as she danced. Mateo's grip tightened on the cup he was drinking from and his free hand balled into a fist with rage.

    He pushed up off of the wall and stormed over to Victoria, pushing the guy off her and grabbing onto her wrist harshly. He dragged her away into a private booth and sat her down on the sofa, glaring at her and crossing his arms.

    "What was that? Flirting with that guy? I thought I told you, you're mine." Victoria blushed and giggled a bit, leaning forward and looking up at him with a smile. Mateo grumbled and held onto her wrist tightly.