Chapter 32 - The scales have been tipped

Zane
"I told you to train her! What the fuck have you been doing all this time? She's going to destroy this planet and my brother in the process!" I wanted to hurt her but knew I couldn't. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't Eva's fault. It wasn't anybody's fault.

"I'm sorry, your highness."

"I can't sense Aria. She could be anywhere. Something could have happened to her. I can't stop Eva. It's too dangerous for me to even try. Only Eli will be able to do that. He's her mate. If their bond is strong enough then he'll be able to get through to her." I paced around trying to think of the best way to handle this. What would Eli do? It was frustrating trying to solve something like this without his input. I paced for about half an hour before an idea came to me. "If we swap bodies that could work." I looked at Eli. He seemed at peace. While he was sleeping peacefully our planet was being opened up for the taking.

"Excuse me? Your highness, I don't think that is a good idea." I looked at her expectantly. "What I mean is that it could be dangerous. I'll have to advise against it. So many things could go wrong. You could end up trapped in your brother's body with no way of waking up. You could even die in that body."

"Did I ask for your opinion council member? Call him here. I'm assuming I'll need him to do the exchange." She nodded and said nothing more. She knew she didn't have the right to. If she'd kept Eva away like I'd asked none of this would be happening. This was the only thing I could think of. Eli would know how to stop her. "Bring him here." She left to do just that. I would just have to trust Eli to handle things this time.

Alexis
I'm starting to regret living on this planet. The only good thing that has come from being here is Chad. That was it. So many people have gotten hurt since I've been here. People have died. What good is it if there isn't much happiness? Now I'm hearing this crap about our borders falling and the planet being in danger. I'm tired of it honestly. Adding to that, I was worried about Chad. More than anything else I was worried about him. Even in sleep he looked vulnerable. My heart broke for him. After a few minute of watching him sleep he started to stir unconsciously reaching out for me. I cuddled against him and he relaxed then opened his eyes. I smiled. He watched me intensely not saying anything. I watched him without saying anything. After a couple of minutes of that, he pulled me tight against his warm body and kissed the top of my head. I kissed his neck. More staring followed.

"You miss him." I hugged him tighter letting him know I was here. "I know I'm not your brother but you have me."

"I know."

We said nothing more after that. My thoughts became occupied only with Chad. He is my everything. If I had to leave everything behind to keep him safe, I would. It was during these thoughts that it happened. I had my first real feeling of danger. It wasn't for myself or for Chad. It was for Aria.

I jerked upright into a sitting position.

"What is it?"

Chad knew me and all my reactions so well. He knew when something was wrong.

"It's Aria. I think she's in danger. I have this urge to go somewhere, but I don't know where."

"Maybe you need to follow that feeling. It could lead you somewhere." I was sceptical about it. "She's your sister. If she's in trouble and you can help, you should." Of course he was right. It was time I started to embrace these new powers that I have.

"Okay." I had made up my mind. I followed the feeling I had and it took me away from Chad to my sister. I was somewhere in the middle of the city surrounded by darkness. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust to it. Once it did I picked out Aria instantly. She was on the ground a few feet away from me. I rushed over to her. Her body was very cold, but she was breathing; barely. My ears picked up on faint chanting a few feet away. I didn't want to leave Aria but I needed to stop whoever it was that did this to her. The figure seemed familiar somehow, like we've met before. Even with my presence the chanting didn't stop. It was when I walked around and was standing directly in front that I realized we have indeed met before. "Eva?" The chanting stopped. How is this even possible? She looked like Eva but to some extent she didn't. Everything about her said danger. There was no possible way she could have done this to Aria, could she?