Chapter 39 - The final nail in the coffin

Aria
I stood back with the residue of tears in my eyes. The joy I felt seeing Elijah back in front of me was indescribable. Twenty years was a long time, even for witches who didn't age. My suspicious yet curious children bombarded me with questions about his sudden appearance. I wanted time to explain so I suggested that Elijah shower and get rid of all the hair he was hiding under. Maybe then they would actually believe he was their uncle and father's twin. After going over the story again my children finally accepted I was telling the truth. Eli's contribution helped as well. He now looked like his old self.

"Zachary and Ariana. Nice names. I can't believe you have kids."

I laughed. "It was bound to happen one day."

"I suppose you're right."

Zachary excused himself to give us privacy, but Ariana didn't budge. She never took her eyes off Elijah.

"I can tell the little one doesn't trust me." I shrugged. "She reminds me of someone I know."

"I'm doing something right then."

"So, where's my brother," he asked changing the topic.

"He's out with your father. He won't be happy you're here. You haven't contacted him for twenty years, Elijah. He won't take your sudden appearance very well."

"He'll get over it."

"For his sake I hope he does."

"Not mine?"

"Why would I care about your sake? You're the one that left us and stayed away for so long."

"You're mad."

"How did you guess," I said sarcastically.

"You're both going to have to get over it because I'm going to need your help. I'm going to need all the help I can get."

I raised my eyebrow. I should have expected this. There had to be a reason for him to suddenly show up after twenty years. I put Ariana to stand on her feet.

"Sweetie, go and play with Zachary." She didn't question my command. She skipped off oblivious to the tension now building between me and Elijah. "Why are you really here? I hoping it's because you felt it was time for us to go back to Atron."

"I might have done something forbidden."

"What trouble did you cause?"

"What do you know about the sky people?"

"Sky people? Are you talking about Angels? They're just a myth."

"Angel or sky people, whatever you want to call them, they're real."

"How exactly do you know this?"

"I told you. I might have done something forbidden."

"Elijah, what did you do?"

"I have a child."

"You have a what?"

"I have a daughter."

"Excuse me?"

"I have a four year old daughter who is half witch, half sky people."

I burst out laughing. "You're hilarious as always, Elijah. A half witch half angel child." I exploded into fits of laughter again.

"I'm serious."

"Please explain to me how you even came in contact with an angel in the first place to get one pregnant."