Chapter 22 - Seizan Secret

NOT EDITED

Chapter 22 - Seizan Secret

Aria
"They can't see us?"

"No. It could change the future we know if I was to ever come face to face with my past self."

We waited until they had exited the office before making our presence known. I felt like I was intruding on this father me son moment. Both of them were looking at each other in wonder and amazement. It was Zane who broke the spell and spoke first.

"Father."

"My son." He opened his arms and Zane didn't hesitate. They embraced each other. It was evident that they must have had a great relationship.

He held him at an arm's length and looked him up and down.

"I'm glad I've been blessed with the chance to see my son as a grown man at least once."

I looked at the man who was Zane's father. The resemblance was striking. His hair was cut in a similar style to Zane's. If I had to guess, I'd say his father was the reason he kept his hair like that.

Once they'd gotten their fill of each other, they eventually pulled away and his father's eyes landed on me. Zane laced our fingers together and pulled me to his side.

"Father, this is my mate Aria Seizan. Aria, my father Zander Bruudan."

I gave the deepest bow I'd ever given in my life. "Your highness, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"The pleasure is mine princess Aria." He gave me a bow in return then proceeded to introduce young Evangeline, who we didn't notice had been standing behind his desk the entire time. She bowed to us and we nodded in acknowledgment. When she took her seat next to his desk, Zane and I exchanged equally puzzled looks.

"Please sit. You're here for answers and I'm the one who will give them to you."

Zane and I had already agreed I would ask the questions, but now I wasn't so sure that was a good idea. I felt intimidated by his father, which was stupid because he didn't look intimidating. Nevertheless, I was nervous. This is one of the most powerful witches to have ever lived, and I was mated to his son.

Zane felt my apprehension and squeezed my fingers. I could always count on him to be there for me when I needed him to be.

"Father, when did you know Evangeline and Eli were mates?" He glanced at young Eva worriedly.

"Will you be asking all the questions or will princess Aria be asking them?"

Zane stammered.

It was the first time I've actually seen him flustered.

"We...well umm, we'll both be asking questions."

His father just smiled.

"Go ahead."

I took over from Zane.

"When did you find out Eva was Eli's true mate?"

"What I'm about to tell you both might come as a shock, more to you princess Aria, but it's something you need to know. I realized she was my son's mate when I had an altercation with her coven. Evangeline is from the dark coven. I'm not sure what you know about them or if you know anything at all."

Zane gave me a quick rundown on the dark coven, and that made the situation even more bizarre. It's like fate decided to put water and oil together and hope they would make milk.

"How is that even possible?" Zane asked his father.

"I'll get to that. You need to know all the details first. I had gotten a report that a member of the dark coven has broken one of the most sacred laws put in place for us to co-exist in the same universe without issues. It was because of that report why I went there in the first place."