Chapter 7 - A little Aria knowledge

NOT EDITED

Chapter 7 - A little Aria knowledge

Zane
When she finished, she crawled up my body. "I'm sorry." I was still spent but somehow found the energy to say something. "If that's your way of apologizing, I need you to be wrong more often." She smiled one of those rare but genuinely happy smileS, and I knew I was creeping into that part of her heart she had closed off from everybody.

After about fifteen minutes, I flipped us. She was on her back and I was above her.

"It's my turn to return the favour."

She smiled. "You don't have to. I did it because I wanted to, not because I wanted it to be returned." I frowned. Her fingers smoothed the frown that had formed between my eyes. "That doesn't mean I don't want you. It simply means I'd like you to accept this gift freely."

"Okay."

She kissed me and then pulled me down beside her.

"Let's go to bed."

I couldn't disagree with her even if I wanted to. We weren't invincible. We needed rest.

What I thought would be a peaceful night turned out into anything but. Her nightmares were back. Well they never really went anywhere, but because things were quiet for a few days I assumed they weren't that big of an issue anymore. I was obviously wrong. Again, like so many times before, I held her while she cried. The only difference between then and now was that she didn't pretend not to know I was there. This time, she acknowledged my presence. And in the morning when she woke up, she didn't pretend not to remember what happened.

I had stayed up with her even after she had fallen back into a deep slumber. I pondered the quickest way for us to leave Atron and go to Dronan, so that by the time morning came we were ready to go. There wasn't any long goodbye between her and her family. The only person I notified of our departure from the kingdom was Alyssa. This had gone on for too long. I just hope we get through this with a clear head. It wouldn't do for the both of us to go crazy from what happened. Aria was already having a terrible time. Losing control and going on a killing spree won't do her or us any good. It would just be another mess to clean up.
_________________________

"So this is Dronan."

"This is Dronan."

"Not bad. It could be better, but not bad." Aria glared at me. "What?"

"This is my home planet. At least have some respect."

The closer we got to here the more apprehensive she had become. She was doing a good job of not showing it, but I knew her well enough to know she was scared shitless of being here.

"You don't have to do this you know. We don't have to be here. I can make it all go away. I can make the memories go away."

She wavered a bit, but the fire was back in her eyes all too quickly. "No. This is something that needs to be dealt with. You are not taking my memories away. It's time I stopped running and stop being scared."

I beamed at her. This was my mate, this strong little thing. She would make me very proud.

"I'm not little."

The shock must have been evident on my face.

"What did you say?"

"I said I'm not little. What? Why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?"

"You heard me?"

"Of course I did. You were quite loud."

"I'm pretty sure I didn't say that out loud."