Chapter 37 - Goodbye Atron

Alyssa
"We shouldn't have left. I don't feel right about it. I don't feel right about this place."

Adrian chuckled.

"I think it's okay if we sit this one out. We have three children. We have to think about them before anything else. We can't rush into danger anymore. What will happen to them if something happens to you or me?"

"I'm worried about Aria."

"I'm sure she can take care of herself."

"Do you see the condition the planet was in? She'll die."

"Don't you think you're overreacting? I'm sure her mate will protect her. If they can't fix it then I'm sure they'll do what we did and escape to this place."

"You don't like it here either. Admit it."

"It's not a secret, princess. I don't, but I'd rather us be safe than dead."

"I see your point."

"It is time." The same voice that we've heard before and has now identified as our son's spoke to us. Adrian looked at me so I knew he heard it too. Time for what, I wondered. "It is time," he repeated. It was still weird for me to imagine my son who was just days old talking to me like he's lived in this universe for centuries. Well I suppose he has. He is the Oracle.

"Alyssa." Zaphaya's voice came from the other side of the door. "It's time." Why does everyone keep saying it's time? What is it time for? All five council members had gathered by my door. What were they waiting for? I swear this supernatural lifestyle was getting to me. I think I'll stay on planet Earth were everyone was normal, at least I hope they were.

"It is time for me to take my place at their side."

I cradled my newborn baby boy in my arms and waited for him to continue, but he didn't. "What's going on," I asked the council.

"It is time for the Oracle to exist. The curse of the Seizan bloodline must go on." It was council member one who had answered me. I didn't like where this was going. "We've already gathered everyone." They had indeed gathered everyone when we arrived at the common room.

"I thought the Oracle already existed." I looked down at my son in my arms.

"The Oracle must be reborn. The time has come."

I reluctantly handed Aiden over to Zaphaya. I trust her. The others I didn't care much for. They placed him carefully in a bundle on the floor and made a circle around him with their fingers linked. Adrian and I looked on in confusion and annoyance. Couldn't we just have a normal day for once? I guess not. Before our eyes Aiden started to grow. The years flashed by as he grew from a baby to a man. My lips were glued shut. No matter how much I tried to say something nothing came out. The circle parted and before us stood a fully grown man, a replica of his father, only with white hair flowing down his back instead of black. I gripped Adrian's arm to steady myself. I was on the brink of passing out.

"What the..."

"Richard Seizan has died. As stipulated by the curse that was placed on him, a male from the Seizan bloodline much sit on the council of witches until he dies or until the end of time. I am that male." Zaphaya handed him a robe. He hadn't been ashamed of his nakedness just now. He gave her his thanks. "I'd like a moment alone with my parents."

This was crazy. This entire situation was crazy! That's all I could think at the moment.

We were left alone with our son.