5. Kicking the same rock

"Just around the corner." Natsuki shows taehyung the way to infirmary.

Fumiya's one hand is draped around taehyung's shoulder and the other one around natsuki's as they take small slow steps down the hallway, which is almost empty.

Finally in front of the door of infirmary, taehyung swings the door open after knocking two times. They slowly lay him down on the bed.

The infirmary, or school nurse's office, is as usually silent.

"Where is the nurse?" Taehyung asks as he looks around.

"I'll go and find her. You stay here with fumiya-kun. And do anything you can while I go out." Natsuki says, quickly heading out to find the nurse.

Taehyung looks around the small cubical office. The walls are painted in white with a hint of light blue colour. Very typical. In one corner, there is a desk which assuming-ly is where the nurse sits. He can see some familiar and unfamiliar equipments laying around on the desk. Another corner is occupied by the cupboard.

The office has a window and two small beds. Both of them are separated by a white curtain in the middle. Besides there are a couple of chairs, too.

Taehyung searches for a small towel or anything that he can use. He finds a pile of towels on one of the shelves of the cupboard and drenches it with water, gently dabbing it on fumiya's forehead. Not long after that, natsuki comes running with the nurse.

Taehyung makes way for the nurse to do her work while he stands back with natsuki.

"Let him rest for a while. He should feel better after waking up." The nurse says after checking him. "You two can stay here with him, I have some other work." She leaves soon, her shoes clicking on the tiled floor, which eventually fades in nothingness.

"Sit down." Taehyung turns towards natauki.

"Eh?" She looks confused.

"Sit down." His words are emphasised. "Your knees hurt, don't they?" He reminds her.

"Ah, yes." She says, embarrassed and sits down on the other bed.

"Where is the first-aid kit?" He asks her when she is sat down on the bed awkwardly.

"How would I know?" She scoffs, unknowingly. It isn't her intent to be rude but she just can't help it.

"Of course, you should." He shakes his head, giving up and starts searching for it on the shelves.

"It might be in that drawer." Natsuki suddenly says, in a very small voice but the silent atmosphere makes it easier for taehyung to get what she said.

"Should I say 'thank you'?" He turns around for a brief second and goes for the drawer, finding the first-aid kit.

He brings out the chair, dragging it near the bed and sits down right in front of her, putting the first aid kit on his lap.

Natsuki looks at him, blinking her eyes, waiting for him to do or say anything but he stays still, looking confused.

"What?" She asks.

"This won't do." He says, more to himself than to her and stands up again, putting the chair aside and gets on his knees making her taken aback.

"Uh, you don't have to do it, yukio. I'll do it myself." She tells him, trying to stop him but he doesn't listen this time.

"Just shut up." He says, putting a finger on his lips while his eyes are on her. This actually makes her shut up.

He gently lifts the little hem of her skirt up, being careful not to hurt her. "You're lucky, it's just a small scrape." He stands up, fetching another towel, again drenching it with clean water.