11. Lanterns and Cotton Candies

"I got the sandals for you, yukio-kun." Fumiya holds up the slippers for them to see as they step out.

Taehyung looks down at his feet. The sneakers sure don't go well with the yuakata.

"Thank you so much." He thanks him as he wears them.

"Now you look perfect!" Fumiya shows him a thumbs up as he smiles.

"Suki-chan, you look pretty too... wait, are you guys matching?" Fumiya looks at both of them one by one.

"Eh?! No, this is a coincidence." Natsuki smacks him on the shoulder as she pushes him, walking away. He mutters incoherent words but keeps walking. Taehyung follows them, trying to walk normally. He's not used to wearing the setta sandals.

"Yukio-san!" Jimin and haruki meets them around the intersection where two different streets collide. Jimin sounded just like a native japanese speaker.

Taehyung laughs at jimin's sudden choise of words. "Good evening, aki-san!" He replies, playing along with him. He even bowed a little to make it more dramatic.

Using san at the end made them sound so formal and that's why it was funnier.

Natsuki and fumiya also couldn't help but crackle at both of their exchange.

"You look really good today, aki-kun." Natsuki compliments him genuinely when they all are done with their laugher.

"Really?" Jimin smiles with his eyes, pure joy bouncing off his cheeks as he does so. "Thank you, natsuki-chan. You look pretty, too." He says as natsuki smiles in gratitude.

Jimin's slim figure is complimented perfectly by the pastel yellow yukata with some dark yellow designs on it.

"Oh? Natsuki, you said the same thing to me too, was it genuine?" Taehyung suddenly speaks up, sounding hurt.

Natsuki looks at him with wide eyes, "what?! Of course, it was genuine!" She says, her voice an octave or two higher.

Taehyung snickers at her reaction. "I was just kidding." His words make her pout.

"Yukio!" She whines, punching him lightly on the left side of his chest playfully.

"Guys? Are we done laughing and joking? Let's go already." Haruki is done with them as he sighs, exaggerating.

"Oh, sorry. Let's go." Taehyung utters as they leave behind the street and move ahead towards the main shrine of the town where the festival takes place around this time every year.

"Do they perform some kind of ritual on this festival?" Taehyung asks curiously. The question is purely based on his search on japanese festivals on Internet.

"Not particularly. But, yes, there will be a traditional dance performance and fireworks too. It's fun." Fumiya answers excitedly. Taehyung nods happily as well.

The night sky tonight is full of stars that feel like has just been born; freshly decorated in the curtain of the vast sky.

In summer, the night feels fresh and even cool sometimes. Especially because of the ocean being just beside the street. The ocean stays calm all throughout the year, which makes it serene.

As they walk for quite some distance, the passersby increases in numbers and the faint noise of crowd can be heard from afar.

When the tiny dots of lights come in their field of vision and gradually gets clear as they walk slowly, their eyes reflect the approaching lights too.

They can now clearly see the real festival vibes surrounding them as they enter the crowd. Stalls and mini shops for festival games, street foods, accessories and everyday goods is on both the sides of the street.