13. Twinkling Galaxies

"Neko-chan?" There is a moment of silence amongst all the noise surrounding them as no one speaks a word.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible." Fumiya quickly hangs up, sliding the phone back in the pocket of his yukata- more like in the sleeves -and turns to natsuki.

"I'm so sorry, suki. I have to be at home right now, neko-chan needs to be taken to the hospital soon." He says in a hurried manner.

"But, what happened?" Haruki asks.

"It's okay, you can go. Take care on your way home." Natsuki says, understanding the emergency.

"I'll explain later." Fumiya throws a glance at haruki and then he almost makes a run towards the exit.

Jimin sighs. "What do we do now? Are you going alone, natsuki-chan?" He still asks.

"What? How can she go alone? The penalty has to be given to both of them since they both lost, right?" Haruki argues.

"But, fumiya apparently has some urgent matters to tend to." Jimin fully turns to him, looking eye to eye.

"Still, isn't it dangerous at night? Come on!" He tries to be rational.

"Hey, hey! I'm not afraid. I can go alone." Natsuki stops them from arguing further.

"Um, natsuki, do you want me to come with you? Haru-kun is right, it's not safe to go alone." Taehyung asks, making them all silent.

"No need, yukio. I'll be fine by myself." She stands firm on her ground.

"Think again... summer is the favourite time of the year for ghosts to roam around, you know that." Jimin adds fuel to the fire, trying to scare her.

"Shut it, aki." Haruki snaps, not understanding why jimin is saying all that.

"Well, I'm just stating facts." Jimin shrugs, eyeing natsuki who kind of looks a little scared now.

But, is she going to back down? No!

"Aki-kun, you've been so cocky today. Watch me! I'll go by myself." Her jaw tightens, rage filling inside.

"But, natsuki-" Taehyung starts again but natsuki stops him by showing the palm of her hand, much dramatically than she intended. He stops, not wanting to push her to do something she doesn't want to.

"I'll be fine, don't worry. Take the fish-" She hands him the bag of goldfish. "-fetch the egg plushie from uncle and wait for me at the intersection. You know, where we change the streets when going to school? Around the corner of the bridge, okay? I'll be there soon." Before taehyung has time to say anything, natsuki is already out of his sight.

With all the people walking around, he loses sight of natsuki soon. He looks at jimin, dumbfounded. Jimin just shrugs while Haruki sighs beside him.

•~•~•

"Um, I think I'll regret it." Natsuki stops at the foot of the dimly lit road. The faint noises of people and lights are far behind her, it all is just like a mere echo in her head now.

"But, there's nothing you can do anymore. Natsuki, let's just get it over with!" She cheers herself up, taking a deep breath, clutching a part of her yukata and makes her way into the street.

Once this street ends, it will lead her to a path that is barely considerable as a road. It's like an animal trail. Not many people come this way; not at night at least.

That's why it is marked as a scary path to take at night. If only natsuki wasn't so stubborn and stupidly driven by her intrusive thoughts, she would have saved herself from getting into this mess.