24. He didn't wait

Fumiya's laugher reverberated in the hallway full of silence after Natsuki was done screaming her heart out. Taehyung was as startled but held onto her, also seeking support for a moment there.

Fumiya decided to pull a prank on them at a very interesting place though! Natsuki was scared from his jump more than the actual ghosts actors present in the ghost house.

Her heart felt heavy with every beat that resonated in her ears. Or was it Taehyung's heartbeats that she heard? She was practically pressed onto his chest to start with so it wouldn't be weird that she would listen to his heartbeats.

While it felt embarrassing, it was more scary and her heart needed some time to get back on track so she took it slow, not thinking about Taehyung's hands surrounding her back ever so tightly and gulped, trying to breathe deeply, and yet again, she was reminded about the position she was in as Taehyung's scent filled in her lungs.

She was trapped in a very critical situation, according to her, anyways there was no doubt that Fumiya did it with proper evil intentions.

He probably thought of scaring her off in front of Taehyung as she kept on pretending not to be scared but this turned out even better as he got to see her hiding in Taehyung's arms. This was even better thing to tease her about!

"Are you alright?" Taehyung, slowly gaining his senses back, asked her with an embarrassed look on his face as he looked down on her.

"Um, yes, I'm sorry, Yukio." She quickly distanced herself, straightening out the wrinkles on her clothes out of nervousness.

It felt like hours when in fact it had only been a minute or two and Fumiya was now laughing under his breath, trying not to laugh out loud again.

"What the heck, Fumiya-kun?!" Natsuki suddenly turned to him, enraged but still flustered.

"I was just trying to make it more fun, Suki-chan," he pulled an innocent face.

"This is fun for you, I was about to have a heart attack, if it wasn't for-" she trailed off, eyes traveling to Taehyung and she shut her mouth.

"Yes, Yukio-kun helped you, didn't he? You didn't die, so it's fine." Fumiya was being unreasonable, but what is reasonable and what is right was the least of Natsuki's concerns right now.

"What did we miss?!" A very curious Jimin came running to them from across the hallway as he yelled out the words for everyone to hear.

"Oh, Aki-kun, you missed something really amazing." Fumiya eyed Natsuki, searching for her expressions and went back to looking at Jimin and Haruki who now stood in front of them.

"Aw, man! What was it? Natsuki-chan got scared by the spider web or she got chased by a one legged clown with big red nose who wore bloody clothes?"

"None of that, Aki-kun, it was something even more amazing. Something romant-" and before Fumiya could finish his sentence, he was stuck in a headlock by Natsuki who prevented him from talking but she couldn't prevent him from laughing at her.

"What is it? What is it?" Jimin was still curious but Fumiya was too busy laughing.

"I think we should head out now, it's getting late." Taehyung reminded, looking around the eerie gym class.

"Yes, the manager guy came to remind us before that it's time for them to pack up and go." Haruki said, getting distracted by Natsuki's violence towards Fumiya but did nothing to stop her.

It was normal for Natsuki to strangle Fumiya once in a while. They were always bickering like Tom and Jerry so it had become a daily routine for everyone else.