8. The little rainbow

"Suki, I've put the snacks here on the table, when you're done watering the plants, come and eat up." Her mom says, standing at the sliding door of the porch.

"Do you want to come inside first, yukio-kun?" She asks him. He was playing with yeontan and kei who are, for now, behaving themselves.

"It's fine, I will wait for natsuki so we can eat together." He informs and her mom nods before walking away.

Natsuki peeks at him while watering the plants when he speaks. Mentally pondering over his words.

The courtyard has the lawn which is usually covered in grass, right now, has plain dry soil and the flower plants cover the edges of the courtyard that goes all around the house, surrounding it.

"Tannie! Tannie! Don't go there." Taehyung shouts at yeontan who is running around, bumping into the flower plants.

"Let him play." Natsuki mutters, loud enough for him to hear.

"At this rate, I'll have to bathe him again." Taehyung looks at natsuki.

She is peacefully sprinkling the water on plants. Taehyung can see the little rainbow appearing because of the bright sunlight.

She approaches them, still focusing on the plants but after sensing taehyung's gaze on her, she looks at him.

Her gaze follows his silhouette. Looking behind him, her eyes widen at the sight of kei and yeontan tumbling down on the ground as yeontan's face is hidden in kei's furr. Natsuki's face grimaces at the thought of yeontan hurting kei and she turns around.

She runs towards them but taehyung is standing in between, totally dumbfounded. The water pipe is still in her hand and she doesn't care about it as she lunges towards them with it in her hand.

"Hey!! Hey-" She tries to stop them but taehyung doesn't know what's going on and he tries to stop natsuki from running as he catches her arm.

"Let me go!" She says in panic and taehyung looks behind him and lets natsuki go in an instant.

"Leave him! Oh my god..." She is hesitant to touch yeontan. She attempts to pull kei towards her when taehyung comes in between and pulls yeontan away from kei.

"Oh god! I can never let you go near the vampire dog, can I?" Natsuki's face is in pure shock as kei pants, his tongue hanging out from his mouth like nothing happened.

"Excuse me? Again?" Taehyung scoffs with a sarcastic smile upon hearing her calling yeontan as vampire dog.

"What?" Natsuki quickly looks up, her hand swinging towards taehyung and the water is still running, resulting in taehyung getting all drenched.

Natsuki looks at her hand and then back at taehyung, quickly retreating her hand back.

Taehyung is in disbelief, not only his clothes but now yeontan is wet as well.

"I was already drenched when I was stopping you and now I'm totally wet." He blinks, the water droplets running down his chin and then dropping on the ground. His hair is dripping wet too.

Natsuki can't help but giggle at the sight and that was it. Taehyung puts yeontan down and snatches the water pipe from her hand, aiming it at her.

"Oy! Yukio! Stop right there." She struggles, running away from him as kei is still with her. Taehyung chases her, laughing his lungs out when he finally manages to get his revenge.

Now they both look like nothing but two laughing idiots.

"You kids look like two laughing idiots. Why are you playing with water?" Natsuki's mom comes in view, gently scolding them as she turns off the water tap.