15. The disappearing dimple

Recommended listening to...
🎵Hotaru by Maiko Fujita🎵

•~•~•

Another morning comes by. Same sun in the sky, same leaves on the same trees; and midst of all these, Natsuki's mom asks her to feed the cat again.

"Aw, mom! Can't you do it yourself?" she whines, unwilling to go outside.

"Weren't you going to meet up with Yukio-kun today? You can feed it on your way there." she insists.

Natsuki groans, still unwilling, but agrees to do as asked.

The furin- japanese wind chime bell -that is hanging above Natsuki's head as she sat on the porch, chimes, converting the wind into sound.

As much as it helps ease the mind on a hot summer day, these bells have cultural importance as well. When wind caresses the paper hanging from the clapper of the bell, it causes the clapper to collide with the side of the bell and it produces a clear, cool and calming sound, pleasing the ears.

With the heat of August on its peak, all Natsuki wants to do is lie down under a big shady tree near the river but there's something else she needs to do today.

Meeting with Taehyung.

She gets up in a heartbeat as soon as the thought of seeing him crosses her mind. If she doesn't get up right now, she would be running late.

"Mom, I'll take the cat food and Kei with me. I'm going to the shrine on the hill." she makes her way into her room to get dressed in a light clothing that will keep her cool.

"Don't forget your hat, Suki." her mom reminds her and follows her outside, handing the can of cat food to her.

"Okay," she quickly grabs kei's belt, tightening it around his neck on her way out and takes off onto the burning street.

The sun, for sure, feels like it is burning the concrete beneath her feet as she walks. Only the trees above her head makes it bearable.

"Yukio!" she yells, standing in front of his house.

"Give me a minute," he replies, yelling back.

"Kei, please, behave today, okay?" Natsuki looks down on her feet where Kei silently pants, looking ahead like an innocent puppy he is!

"Sorry, Yeontan was throwing a tantrum." Taehyung steps out, his hair tousled and messy but at least his clothes are presentable and Yeontan is resting on his hands.

"What happened to you?" Natsuki can't help but laugh at his appearance, "Wait, why are you bringing Yeontan with you? I told you that Kei will be coming with us, right?" she was at a loss of words.

"Eh? You told me that you will bring Kei with you so I thought that was a sign for me to take Yeontan with us as well...?" his words ended with a question mark, not sure anymore.

Natsuki facepalms. Taehyung has misunderstood it all.

"Um, so, should I leave him home?" Taehyung asks, ready to go back in.

"No, no, it's alright now." Natsuki stops him.

"Let's just go." she fixes the hat on her head and starts walking.

Taehyung notices the can in her hand and asks, curious, "What is it for?"

"Oh, mom asked me to feed the cat on our way." she turns around to glance at him.

They stop at the corner of the street ending where the ginger coloured cat is usually found.

She looks around for it, waiting for the cat to show up. Usually when she has to feed it, the cat shows up soon after she reaches there.